A guide to Stars on 45.

Even i get mixed up sometimes about the 5 different Legs & Co performances to Stars on 45, so i thought this may help. Some of these do have repeat showings, but i don't want to confuse the matter even more.
23/04/1981 -- Stars on 45 1st dance routine (Lulu, Patti, Rosie & Sue).
Played over end credits.

07/05/1981 -- Stars on 45 2nd dance routine (Gill, Lulu, Patti, Rosie & Sue).

14/05/1981 -- Stars on 45 3rd dance routine (Gill, Lulu, Patti, Rosie & Sue).
Just 27 seconds screened of this .

The second volume by Starsound (Abba medley).

09/07/1981 -- Stars on 45 vol 2 1st dance routine to Vol 2.
(Anita, Gill, Lulu, Patti, Rosie & Sue).
Played over end credits.

23/07/1981 -- Stars on 45 vol 2 2nd dance routine to Vol 2.
(Anita, Gill, Lulu, Patti, Rosie & Sue).
Played over end credits with male audience members partnering them.

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

Gorgeous Daze
Thanks for this timely help Ryan. I was only trying to work out what's what the other day!

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

I love the first Stars On 45 record and the video on TopPop is great.My favourite Legs routine is easily the DLT one on 23.04.81.It's a shame the one in green dresses doesn't exist in full as i think that would be great too.

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

Thanks for the guide Ryan for the Stars on 45. I must say I like the first version.

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

Dancer
Thanks Ryan.  It is the second one I have in my collection.  Agree the one with the green dresses is lovely.  I have never seen the Abba medley ones so will look forward to seeing those Yewtree permitting.

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

Thanks Ryan for the guide

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

The 4th routine to Stars on 45 is sadly Yewtree'd. It comes from the 900th episode of TOTPs, with the four old geezer presenters, Freeman, Murray, Jacobs & Savile.

The 5th will be okay as Dickie Skinner hosted that show.

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

The 5th one of these features audience blokes. After about 30 seconds of the standard Stars on 45 intro (we can work it out, remember twist and shout etc etc) the six girls suddenly make a grab for their audience guys with an very audible and 1981ish WOOO. We then have them partnered up, but one of our dancers seems to have gained two male partners. What a girl that Sue is !

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

Ryan, Will we be scoring and doing a DOTD for the green dress 27 second clip ?
I think Lulu would definitely be winning the DOTD nominations

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

To compound matters even further we have Startrax with their Startrax Club Disco on the 13th of August. Another medley of songs, this time disco tunes (and a brief re-visit to that chair from Tragedy with Lulu donning the Pierrot hat).

Other medley numbers Legs can be seen involved with to some degree during the summer are Platinum Blonde (This Years Blonde), Tight Fit (Back to the Sixties), Gidea Park  (Seasons Of Gold).

Probably the best of the lot of these is Enigma's (Aint No Stopping Us Now) with a proper routine and of course Anita on debut.

Oh and dont forget the medley of classical music Legs dance to on `Hooked On Classics`. Yes its all still to come on 1981, bet ya cant wait.

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

The Rubberband Man wrote
Ryan, Will we be scoring and doing a DOTD for the green dress 27 second clip ?
I think Lulu would definitely be winning the DOTD nominations
Hi TRBM. Honestly mate, im not sure what will be on offer yet regarding ratings and DOTDs. Im just going to decide when i come to them, but i doubt very much the 27 second jobbie will be on offer.

Didn't they get some awful records to dance to in 1981!
Sandy Borne Appreciation Society

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

PattiForPM
Even though the songs are derivative and I wouldn't usually listen to them I would say they make a good fast food diet for our Dance Troupe and I enjoy all the accompanying dances and everyone craves a Big Mac once in a while

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

Young Mister Grace
Thanks Ryan. This is a huge help. I've tried in the past to get my head round this subject and given up in frustration.
You've all done vey well!

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

Who's That Hurll
I've watched the 7/5/1981 edition that Neil posted online and I would like to know if a Peter Powell intro to the 'Stars on 45'' exists somewhere and also, does anybody have the full end credits dance for this edition? The recording cuts off before it shows all the crowd (and possibly Legs & Co?) dancing.
I know there were problems with this live edition, but would like to know if somebody has anymore to add to the copy that's been posted?
WTH

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

Check Mikey's post about the missing TOTPs, there is a link to another version of the show where they have spliced the missing bit on the end (the quality of the grab changes just after the No.1).
Sandy Borne Appreciation Society

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

Who's That Hurll
Sorry, but I can only  see a link to the 4shared one that cuts off for 7'5/1981. Do you have a link for the version that has the crowd dancing please?
WTH

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

Doc
Misread your first post, I though you were looking for the Stars on 45 at the end of the DLT show.
Sandy Borne Appreciation Society

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

Who's That Hurll
If anybody has the end of the 7/5/81 show, please can you post it? There might be more Legs dancing with the crowd that we're missing out on.
WTH

Re: A guide to Stars on 45.

PattiForPM
No Legs to be seen on my copy Mr Hurll, just receding crowd pics with the Beatles medley playing