A request for help regarding clickable hyperlinks.

A request for help regarding clickable hyperlinks.

Id like to start a new daily feature on OFTDs in the coming week that basically highlights a routine that was performed that day in history and id like to be able to direct folk to the appropriate comments section where that dance was reviewed. Rather than me post the long link, which looks a little untidy, id like to use a clickable hyperlink instead.

My problem is ive mastered quite a few things like HTML, but hyperlinking escapes me. Can anyone email me an `idiots guide creating a hyperlink on Nabble`. I know that you have to use the link tab above thats next to `italics and the emoticons` tab, but thats as far as i know.

So say for example if i want to direct folk to the Cavatina comments thread, i do not want to post the long link below
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/CAVATINA-June-tp4070907.html.

Instead a nice short hyperlinked `Cavatina Comments` would be preferable.

Any help on this would be appreciated,  if not id just have to use the long link.
What i have in mind regarding the feature is to basically use the space above the forum (like i did recently with the Sue tribute) to promote a dance routine in picture form from as many days of the year as possible and who knows, even tempt folk (especially newbies) to visit the relevant comments section and have their say. I will try to elevate Pans & Ruby routines over Legs, but as Legs routines are more common, they will naturally feature more.

Obviously some days will be blank when no routines were performed, or those routines have been lost. The two Summer strikes in 74 & 80 make this task even more difficult and ive chosen about the worst time of the year to begin this. I will endeavour to post something everyday, even if its just a nice pic of the dancers if no routine was performed that day. If nothing else it will brighten up the top of the forum.

I plan to begin this on Tuesday with `Cavatina`, so any help with the hyperlinks will be welcomed.

Re: A request for help regarding clickable hyperlinks.

VintageVideos
Like this:

Cavatina?

Press the "Link" button, enter the URL (= long address) in the first window that opens, press ok, then enter simply "Cavatina" (or any other appropriate name) in the next window (you will have to overwrite the already highlighted text!), press ok again, done!

Re: A request for help regarding clickable hyperlinks.

Its not happening for me Vin. I see no next window, so i cant press ok again.

Re: A request for help regarding clickable hyperlinks.

VintageVideos
Hmm that's a bit strange, but then try this:

Just type "Cavatina", highlight the word, press the "Link" button, enter the link, press ok, done!

What you MUST NOT do is type the link before pressing the "Link" button.

Re: A request for help regarding clickable hyperlinks.

Thanks Vin. Yeah i tried your second suggestion and it looked as though it worked, until i clicked the link and it said problem loading page. Im in danger of looking a bit of a thicky perusing this on the open forum, so i think i will withdraw my interest in it.

Re: A request for help regarding clickable hyperlinks.

Cavatina comments

Think ive cracked it Vin, with your considerable help.

Cheers for helping me out. Your a good guy to know in these situations

Re: A request for help regarding clickable hyperlinks.

VintageVideos
My pleasure!