A wink's as good as a nod !

The Rubberband Man's excellent GIF of Lulu over on the Ruby Flipper grand favourites poll got me thinking about occasions when our dancers gave us a cheeky wink. Ive highlighted four occasions of this in the collage below. But im getting a feeling i may have forgotten one or two, if so i would be grateful if you could tip me the wink and let me know of anymore ?

Apart from Lulu's quick wink in the Flipper routine to `The Rubberband Man`, she does so again in the Legs & Co routine from December 1977 `Dance Dance Dance`. Look for that very carefully around the 30 second mark.

Gill of course famously gives us a wink in `Suspicion`, though i suspect she had mischief on her mind that day just having taken part in `hat-gate`. Patti, keeps the platoon happy by delivering a big wink at the end of Stray Cat Strut.

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

Interesting also that Legs sole `left handed member` Lulu, delivers her winks using her left eye. Gill, a right hander does so with her right eye. Patti, a right hander but due to the way the scene is shot with half her face in shadow, has to do so using her left eye.

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

Who's That Hurll
Lulu, 45 seconds into 'Casanova'.

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

Who's That Hurll wrote
Lulu, 45 seconds into 'Casanova'.
Yeah good one WTH. So thats wink number five then (and the third from Lulu's left eye).

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

PansLegs
Whole Lotta Love

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

The Rubberband Man
Patti's in wink overdrive on "The Wanderer"

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

GiLuRo
You have to be watching closely or you'll miss it, Rosie at 1.05 in Hot Stuff.

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

PattiforPM
The object of BB's first, last and everything

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

Mikey
Blue Peter style...heres one i made earlier

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

Great stuff guys, three winks in one evening.

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

The Rubberband Man
It's Lulu again.

In You Gave Me Love, just before her "I've been thinking" bit, there's a shadowy wink

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

Excellent RBM. Lulu is certainly a serial winker, thats 4 times on this thread she has featured.

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

OMG, i think shes at it again ? I may have found another wink from Legs & Co's serial winker Lulu. This one is a real case of blink and you miss the wink ! Keep your eye on her left eye, right eye as you look at it.

The routine is `Everybody Dance`. Watch the clip on Dailymotion. The wink is at 2.31 mins on the link below. Let me know what you think. Does she or does she not.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23uafg

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

Suefan
Conjunctivitis.

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

Suefan wrote
Conjunctivitis.
Yes when i broached this latest wink find with the lads last Saturday at Kal it got rather a luke warm response too. Its strange because when i play it at full speed i see the wink clear as day. But when i slow it down to 0.25 speed on YouTube i see nothing at all.

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

Lee A

I came across this topic thread the other day and I instantly thought of this clip of Rosie and Legs and Co, dancing to 'Feel The Need'. This was on the 30th June 1977. I am pretty sure Rosie winks in this performance, or is it just wishful thinking? She appears to be winking with her right eye. This also happens to be one of my favourite routines with Rosie in.

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

Well Lee, as i proved in my last post before yours, one mans wink is another mans facial twitch. I couldn't see the moment you've highlighted in your pic (was it towards the start, middle or end). But what is really fascinating is if folk watch the whole routine and do not take their eyes of Rosie, then its quite remarkable how her eyes are darting about the place. We've often had a friendly dig at Lulu for monitor watching but Rosie is taking it to another level in this. Ive got a feeling this may have been quite a difficult routine for them to get in sync. Its almost as if shes using the monitor to aid her and the odd glance across at Gill too.

Of course the monitor would be showing the six girls dancing as a whole, the split screen stuff would have been added later.

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

Suefan
I couldn't spot an obvious wink either.  I'm guessing but I should expect that in most routines a good sense of place and peripheral vision is an essential attribute although the more experience are able to mask that element to the performance better.

Re: A wink's as good as a nod !

Lee A
You could be right, Ryan. Maybe a bit of wishful thinking?
It was about 01:29 to 01:30 on this clip where I believe I see it...

https://youtu.be/Q7aKeUBwN7w