Quantcast

Anyone seen this signed apparent rarity on eBay for silly money?

Anyone seen this signed apparent rarity on eBay for silly money?

CoffeeThing
Whilst searching on eBay for a signed photo of L&C/PP, I came across this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANS-PEOPLE-FULLY-SIGNED-1974-NATIONAL-PANASONIC-UNSEEN-PROMO-TOP-OF-THE-POPS-/222003448194?hash=item33b06fc982:g:zmEAAOSwo6lWK1V2

Crazy asking price. Has anyone got a copy of this routine or seen it?

Re: Anyone seen this signed apparent rarity on eBay for silly money?

Mikey
Yeah, used to be £1500, so £999 is an absolute bargain

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/ebay-td4110661.html#a4110666

Re: Anyone seen this signed apparent rarity on eBay for silly money?

CoffeeThing
They must be smoking something!

I should have used the search feature before posting it, apologies. Still fumbling about a bit on the site

Re: Anyone seen this signed apparent rarity on eBay for silly money?

Mikey
One interesting thing is hes changed some of the pics, heres one of them. Perhaps we can all have a whip round

Re: Anyone seen this signed apparent rarity on eBay for silly money?

PattiForPM
Nice Pic Mikey and thanks for revisiting this CT.  There certainly have been some porkies told about this item and some major swings in price but I'd love to see it owned and enjoyed by appreciative people

Re: Anyone seen this signed apparent rarity on eBay for silly money?

Dancer
Good heavens - what a price.  Perfect for the real collector but I could never part with that amount of money for four minutes of video.  Be interesting to see if anyone buys into it.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: Anyone seen this signed apparent rarity on eBay for silly money?

Doc
That's been put up several times and it looks like there's been no takers so far. That's a ridiculous price for what appears to be one routine, however unique it may be.
I would expect that they will eventually drop to a price that one of the people who sell on rare PP stuff thinks they can make a profit on and it'll then go and be made available through various dark channels to those prepared to part with a substantial amount of money.

Re: Anyone seen this signed apparent rarity on eBay for silly money?

BeautifulBabs
Listing says it sold on July 5th

Re: Anyone seen this signed apparent rarity on eBay for silly money?

CoffeeThing
I wonder if the seller accepted an offer. It was a lot of money being asked.

Re: Anyone seen this signed apparent rarity on eBay for silly money?

The estimated value was £50-£80, so if it sold around that price range the ebay seller has made quite a large profit.
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/special-auction-services/catalogue-id-srspe10084/lot-1b6386cf-2edf-4ebd-b117-a4470182b246

They were after 10 to 20 times that on ebay! That's a bit extreme for one routine even the PVL were not that greedy. (I think they sold a copy of Abba-So Long to a fan club for £500).

Re: Anyone seen this signed apparent rarity on eBay for silly money?

BeautifulBabs
pity that we probably will never see it though

Re: Anyone seen this signed apparent rarity on eBay for silly money?

Doc
Unless it's been bought by someone who wants to make more money out of it!