Après Les Personnes de la Casserole, je croyais n’importe quoi

Après Les Personnes de la Casserole, je croyais n’importe quoi

Doubleday
One of the worst translations ever … probably (made me laugh, though)

"Pan is the god of dance and music and debauchery and all those lovely things" (Dee Dee Wilde, TV interview) rather than a saucepan. Some French folk assured me – between mouthfuls of snails in garlic – that the name Pan does not translate; it’s the same in French as in English.

So … Les Personnes de Pan maybe? What do you all think?

And the French folk … well they asked me to join them, but I explained I had to get back to my roast beef and tankard of ale.

Re: Après Les Personnes de la Casserole, je croyais n’importe quoi

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Is that one of mine, Carl? I've used "Les Personnes de la Casserole" a few times, in an attempt to confuse the Copyright Gestapo.

How about "Nageoire rouge"? Or "Les Jambes et Cie"?
You've all done vey well!

Re: Après Les Personnes de la Casserole, je croyais n’importe quoi

Doubleday
Sorry, not Carl ... afraid you must have a wrong number, tee hee.

I've seen Casserole in several places on the web, and the other two as well. Great minds, etc.

Incidentally haven't said so far what a brilliant site this is and thank you YMG for posting all this wonderful stuff.

Re: Après Les Personnes de la Casserole, je croyais n’importe quoi

Floid Fan
Yes, I was confused by this. Doubleday and myself are not one and the same. There is only (to the best of my knowledge)  one person on this site who only posts about Ruby Flipper and does not rave about Pan's people- that's Carl.
Carl

Re: Après Les Personnes de la Casserole, je croyais n’importe quoi

Floid Fan
Ymg.
ANY, I repeat ANY attempt to confuse those copyright Gestapo will be applauded by the whole universe!
Carl

Re: Après Les Personnes de la Casserole, je croyais n’importe quoi

Carl maybe you should post some Welsh just so we know it's you

Re: Après Les Personnes de la Casserole, je croyais n’importe quoi

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Obviously you're two different people. I don't know what my brain was doing at that moment. Apologies.

YMG
You've all done vey well!