Artists who won our weekly polls.

Correct up to and including 02/04/87 (began 26/10/78)

202 different acts have won the poll. The latest different act being `The Mission` on 19/03/87.

*******************************
Artists to have won on 7 occasions.

Madonna
*******************************

*******************************
Artists to have won on 6 occasions.

The Jam
The Special AKA
*******************************

*******************************
Artists to have won on 5 occasions.

Kate Bush
Kim Wilde
Madness
*******************************

*******************************
Artists to have won on 4 occasions.

Adam Ant
David Bowie
Queen
The Pretenders
*******************************

*******************************
Artists to have won on 3 occasions.

Abba
Blondie
Bucks Fizz
Dollar
Duran Duran
Eurythmics
Genesis
Human League
Jona Lewie
Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark (OMD)
Paul McCartney
Squeeze
Stevie Wonder
Tears For Fears
Tracey Ullman
*******************************

*******************************
Artists to have won on 2 occasions.

ABC
A-ha
Amii Stewart
Bananarama
Bangles
Blancmange
Chaka Khan
Chic
Depeche Mode
Donna Summer
Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Godley & Creme
Heaven 17
Laura Branigan
Marillion
Mike Oldfield
Odyssey
Peter Gabriel
Pet Shop Boys
Scritti Politti
Shalamar (first song danced by Zoo)
Simple Minds
Soft Cell
The Dooleys
The Nolans
The Undertones
Toyah
*******************************

*******************************
Artists to have won on 1 occasion.

Adam & The Ants
Alexei Sayle
Alison Moyet
Altered Images
Aneka
Bauhaus
Belouis Some
Big Audio Dynamite
Bonnie Tyler
Bow Wow Wow
Bronski Beat
Bruce Hornsby & The Range
Buggles
Carly Simon (danced by Zoo
Chas & Dave
Chicago (danced by Zoo)
Colonel Abrams
Culture Club
Curiosity Killed The Cat
Cyndi Lauper
Daryl Hall & John Oates
Dave Stewart with Barbara Gaskin
David Bowie & Bing Crosby
David Bowie & Mick Jagger
Dee C. Lee
Diana Ross
Dire Straits
Doctor & The Medics
Don Henley
Dream Academy
Elton John
Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Eric Clapton
Farley ‘Jackmaster’ Funk
Feargal Sharkey
Fiction Factory
Fine Young Cannibals
Foreigner
Gary Numan
Gerry Rafferty
Haywoode
Haysi Fantayzee
Hazel O'Conner
Hot Chocolate
Howard Jones
Huey Lewis & The News
Icehouse
Irene Cara
It Bites
It’s Immaterial
Japan
Jennifer Rush
Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes
Joe Fagin
Joe Jackson
John Lennon
Jon & Vangelis
Judie Tzuke
Julian Lennon
K.C & The Sunshine Band
Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton
Kid Creole & The Coconuts
Kim Carnes
Kirsty MacColl
Lene Lovich
Level 42
Lotus Eaters
Marti Webb
Matchroom Mob with Chas & Dave
Men Without Hats
Mel & Kim
Michael Jackson
Monsoon
Moody Blues
Neil
Nena
New Musik
New Order
Nik Kershaw
Olivia Newton John
Orange Juice
Paul Evans
Paul Hardcastle
Paul Young
Phyllis Nelson
Pink Floyd
Pointer Sisters
Prefeb Sprout
Prince
Princess
Propaganda
`Queen & David Bowie`
Red Box
Roger Whittaker & Des O’Connor
Roxy Music
Sandie Shaw & The Smiths
Sarah Brightman & Hot Gossip
Shakin’ Stevens
Sister Sledge
Siouxsie & The Banshees
Spandau Ballet
Sparks
Split Enz
Stan Ridgeway
Streetband
Sugarhill Gang
Susan Fassbender
Swing Out Sister
Taffy
Talk Talk
The B-52's
The Beat
The Beatles
The Belle Stars
The Blow Monkeys
The Boomtown Rats
The Cars
The Colour Field
The Damned
The Firm
The Housemartins
The Human League
The Jacksons
The Look
The Maisonettes
The Mission
The Passions
The Police
The Real Thing
The Rolling Stones
The Selecter
The Smiths
The Stranglers
The Teardrop Explodes
The Three Degrees
The Tubes
The Whispers
The Who
Tight Fit
Toni Basil
Toto Coelo
Tubeway Army
USA For Africa
UB40
Ultravox
Visage
Wham!
X-Ray Spex
XTC
Yazoo
****************************

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

PattiforPM
Anybody else spot the commoners who have sneaked in with the Pop royalty

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

I must admit, it must have been a poor show when Paul Evans and his Joanie thing won our vote. I must go re-visit the line-up. Please say i didn't vote for it.

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

Well on checking i didn't. As for what i did choose, i have to say i have forgotten how it sounded.

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

I think it's good to see that not just the household names can win the monthly poll. It goes to show that our members do have diverse tastes. If that means that one Paul Evans can win when the line-up is weak then so be it.

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

It just says to me (11/01/79) was a pretty dire show with hardly any decent songs or acts, and on checking i reckon i ain't far wrong. Thats why i made such a big deal about 03/01/80, it was cram packed full of great acts and memorable songs.

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

Gorgeous Daze
For me the biggest outsider to win was The Tubes. And it's great!

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

Seems the most comprehensive win was Kate Bush on the 12/04/79 show. She took 93% of our votes in that poll. All i can say is `Wow` !

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

The Specials now join The Jam & Madness on three wins a piece. Both Madness & The Specials first three single releases have topped our weekly polls.

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

Blondie now join The Jam, Madness & The Specials on 3 wins each. I wonder which of those four will be the first to win the weekly poll 4 times ?

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

Gorgeous Daze
Whoever it is it's certainly a matter of when rather than if, a lot of ammo to come still.

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

VintageVideos
Well, the next artist to appear of those 4 are the Jam, so...

Although Blondie does have a chance of winning again next week.

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

L&C4me
Would it be fair to say that Garry Numan is an artist who won our weekly poll twice?
He was there in Tubeway Army too!
Jim

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

I was very much expecting The Jam to be the first of our weekly winners to be the first to have 4 separate wins. Im not sure which of The Jam, Madness, Specials or Blondie is next in line to try to achieve this.

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

VintageVideos
They've got another chance next week with a studio performance.

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

I just looked at the line-up for that show and i'd say they are nailed on for victory.

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

Madness Join The Jam on four outright wins each. I'm assuming both will add a 5th before the end of the year.

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

The Jam now out in front on their own with 5 wins.

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

Three songs have now won our weekly poll twice.

`Le Freak`, `You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties` and now `Ashes To Ashes`.

Re: Artists who won our wekly polls.

VintageVideos
Not exactly easy to find the winning formula when you look at those three!
123