Average Dance Ratings

No. Title Ratings Total Score High Low 10's Average Review Quote
1 I'll Find My Way Home 18 178.5 10 9 16 9.92 A quite majestic farewell tour de force performance
2 Use It Up And Wear It Out 14 126.25 10 8 3 9.02 Lots of fun in this routine, great close-ups, and a good song as well
3 Life Is What You Make It (Part2) 12 105.75 10 8 1 8.81 Great outfits and great moves - there’s even a bit of twerking going on
4 Take A Chance On Me 13 112 10 7 3 8.62 This performance is a sheer delight from start to finish
5 Instant Replay Xmas VT 1978 15 128 9.5 8 0 8.53 The girls look sensational and it's bursting with happiness and mischief
6 Native New Yorker 11 90.50 10 6 1 8.23 There is a very enjoyable ambiance and camaraderie to this one
7 I've Got Beginners Luck 12 93.5 9.5 6 0 7.79 This little number works a treat
8 Nipple To The Bottle 11 84.75 9.75 7 0 7.73 Its an entertaining 4 minute clip that I play often.
9 Passion In Moisture 13 100.25 10 2 4 7.71 Sue is just amazing in this, it just leaves me speechless!
10 Let's Go Disco (The Stud) 12 90.25 8.75 5 0 7.52 The visuals are far from perfect but I love the way the troupe exudes fun
11 Great Balls Of Fire 12 88.5 8 6.5 0 7.38 An entertaining 100 seconds or so, this is definitely one of the better backing dances
12 Hollywood Medley 12 83.75 8.75 4.5 0 6.98 A good routine to that type of song
13 Night Fever(Awards) 13 87.5 8 5 0 6.71 The outfits look good and the moves are spot on too
14 L.A.Resurrection 14 87.5 8 5 0 6.25 The dancing is good if a little uninspiring
15 Theme From Shaft 13 81 10 2 1 6.23 Not a bad dance only, let down by the degraded film
16 Why Do Fools Fall In Love 11 65.25 8 3 0 5.93 The three girl dancers do make for pleasant if unspectacular viewing.
17 Spanish Tango 15 86.5 7 4 0 5.77 The ladies move well, the outfits sit well, and we are spared any unwanted vocals
18 Mercy 12 65.25 7 3.75 0 5.44 Lulu and the Boys intrude a bit but overall it's quite fun
19 Aladdin - Crackerjack Pantomime 11 57.25 7 1 0 5.20 In performance the solos are good and I like the sprinkling of dainty oriental diffidence

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
I don't expect any changes at the top of this table but it will be interesting to see which dance ends up in second place.
There will be another routine up for review tomorrow. It was originally broadcast in the same week that this little chap made his TV debut.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Impressive score for the first entry. Also a remarkable small range of ratings.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
Yes the ratings range is remarkably compact so far. I guess it's the opposite of marmite whatever that might be. Strawberry Jam perhaps?

Re: Average Dance Ratings

PattiforPM
For me the opposite of marmite would be chocolate

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
I've Got Beginners Luck slips into third or last place depending on your point of view, but I am quite happy to predict that it will neither be third nor last when we get to the end of this process.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

PattiforPM
Sunshine, on my shoulders, makes me happy....

Re: Average Dance Ratings

I wonder if your 4th miscellaneous offering OGW will begin with the letter `I`.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry...

Re: Average Dance Ratings

PattiforPM
If you come to the next OFTDs get together we can do harmonies Vin

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
We have an interesting trend developing in that the latest routine has scored considerably less than the one that preceded it.  And I have a feeling that may continue as the next one , which should be out tomorrow, wasn't even particularly enjoyed by the dancers!

Re: Average Dance Ratings

VintageVideos
Tina & Floid are in need of company

Re: Average Dance Ratings

PattiforPM
I wouldn't get between those two if I were you

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Doc
You've still got it in for Tina for stretching Patti's striped jumper.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

PattiforPM

Sorry Vin but he provoked me

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
Once again the new entry goes straight to the bottom of the table. I must admit that I expected L.A Res to score a little better than it did, but because we rarely discuss these miscellaneous routines, I find them very hard to predict. My gut feeling is that the trend will not continue when the next one is released, hopefully tomorrow, but who knows what will happen!

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler wrote
Once again the new entry goes straight to the bottom of the table.
Yes the scores so far are about what i expected them to be. Though i do think L.A Res is a little low and one other dance is a little high.

Keep up the good work OGW.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

PattiforPM
... they say that he got crazy once and he tried to touch the sun

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
In an exciting development, Let's Go Disco has broken the trend of the new entry going straight to the bottom of the table. Will normal service be resumed soon? The latest offering will be out very shortly.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

PattiforPM
I think this thread is working out very nicely and the table is quite interesting

      ....I am the Hawk and there's blood on my feathers but time is still turning they soon will be dry......