Average Dance Ratings

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
After looking as though it might threaten the top end of the chart, Nipple To The Bottle has to be content with mid table obscurity, although there is still time for it to rise again.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
Our latest offering has settled into third place, although had the music been more popular, I think it would have made the coveted second spot. I can't argue though as the average currently mirrors the score I gave it.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Hi OGW. Ive been watching quite a bit of Zoo recently and it occurred to me that they did make 2 or 3 really excellent dance routines that id like to think you would consider for this section if possible. Can i offer up this example. Its `Murphy's Law` from 1982 and its ticks every box as far as im concerned.

If you want to view this, then here is Supalu's YouTube link for it. Its rather good dont cha think !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlEU_aAzCS0

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
Hi, Ryan. Initially I was reluctant to include Zoo in this section as I didn't want to annoy Colm, who had previously offered to host a Zoo comments section. However with the passing of time, I don't think it would be a problem to cherry pick some of the better Zoo dances. As you say, Murphy's Law is one that would fit this criteria. If anyone has any other requests, feel free  to let me know.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

AC/PD
If the menagerie of the Miscellaneous Comments section is to be extended further, may I suggest Under Pressure and Can You Feel It - the latter possibly allowing for 'approach' comparisons with the Legs version.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Zoo's Yewtreed Hill St Blues would be my firm first choice if it's possible OGW

  Oh and BTW don't forget:

    I'd rather have my fiddle and my farmin tools
    Thank God I'm a Country Boy

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Gorgeous Daze
Nice innovation on the right of the table OGW.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

VintageVideos
Indeed. Excellent idea!

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
Thanks very much. I was inspired by book & DVD covers that often carry these little quotes.
Almost everyone who has supplied a review has been quoted.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
The Crackerjack Pantomime enters the chart in 17th position but just manages to avoid entry on to the turkey list.
The next routine for review will feature a Zoo performance as previously discussed. I know that they are not everyone's cup of tea but hopefully at least 10 people will leave a rating.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Suefan
I'm off to Chester next week so I'll certainly leave a rating !

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
Our first Zoo offering enters at No 15.  I thought it might do better. There will be more from Zoo later but coming up before then, we have a couple of dances which I am expecting to score well.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
Native New Yorker enters at number 6. We almost have enough for a top 20 now.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler wrote
Native New Yorker enters at number 6. We almost have enough for a top 20 now.
Thats quite an acceptable rating average for NNY. Just noticed something else on your fine ratings table OGW and that the Aladdin Crackerjack Pantomime pushed very hard to make it onto the `Turkey Table. Its rating of 5.20 isn't to far behind our current No 10 which is at 5.09.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

VintageVideos
This section has definitely become a success. Nice to see that some of the guys who never rated a performance on the PPCT have rated Pan's People performances on this section.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
VintageVideos wrote
This section has definitely become a success. Nice to see that some of the guys who never rated a performance on the PPCT have rated Pan's People performances on this section.
Hopefully they will gravitate over to the PPCS area, I see no reason why they shouldn't.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

VintageVideos wrote
This section has definitely become a success. Nice to see that some of the guys who never rated a performance on the PPCT have rated Pan's People performances on this section.
Also a bit of a shame, you yourself Vin have omitted to submit a brief review and score rating for the excellent Pans People routine to `Life Is What You Make It (Part 2)`.

I think its Pans at the very top of their game and i would have been interested on your views on it.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Also a bit of a shame, you yourself Vin have omitted to submit a brief review and score rating for the excellent Pans People routine to `Life Is What You Make It (Part 2)`.
Ah that's why you left it pinned for so long

Yes I know I haven't rated everything on this section. To be honest, there was a time when I had become a bit tired of all the rating (it seems I wasn't the only one). Now, I have to confess, I lost track of what I rated and what I haven't.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

Old Grey Whistler
Perhaps I should do a 'Have You Rated It' table as it seemed to work well on the other comments sections.

Re: Average Dance Ratings

PattiforPM
Once or twice I nearly renamed mine "Have You Rated It and Have I Updated It"