BABY STOP CRYING -- [August]

Re: BABY STOP CRYING -- 1978

Mikey
Very stylish. Nice to see Gill given a lead role and she delivers an excellent performance. Can't say i'm too fussed about the song or Bob in general, but given what they have to work with the screen shadow effect is put to good use and the other ladies put in a classy backing dance to Gills solo spots.

7.5/10 DOTD Gill

Re: BABY STOP CRYING -- 1978

Everything'sRosie
Nothing like a bit of Dylanesque misery as far as I'm concerned. Actually this ode to female despair is relatively upbeat compared to some of his output. I wonder what Flick Colby thought when handed this one! Nevertheless the result is terrific. Sue, Lulu, Patti and Pauline look to be improvising rather than choreographed, and whether in silhouette or lit they create a fascinating backdrop to Gill's solo. This one hasn't scored well, so I'll attempt to redress the balance by giving it a suitably forlorn 10/10. I loved Lulu's moves, but DOTD has to be the lady in red, Gill.

Re: BABY STOP CRYING -- [August]

Ooh another semi-solo Gill routine  only discovered this gem thanks to the 'On this day' feature. Wow red is really Gill's colour and in this routine I think she looks even more beautiful than usual. Although there isn't much excitement I still like this routine.
Rating: 8.5/10
DOTD: Gill

Re: BABY STOP CRYING -- [August]

Legsfan wrote
 only discovered this gem thanks to the 'On this day' feature.
Glad to hear that the `On This Day` feature has guided you hear. I thought you would especially like red Gill in this.

Re: BABY STOP CRYING -- [August]

Despite Bob Dylan being held in such high regard by so many people, and considered one of music's genius's alongside the likes of Lennon and McCartney, I have to say I've never been a fan of his, possibly because he's not particularly mainstream and I haven't sought out his music, but having said all that, this one isn't too bad.  What a fantastic routine to this track, with Gill obviously taking centre stage and looking absolutely stunning in red, and the other girls looking equally beautiful in blue and also putting in a fine performance, and although they spend most of the routine in either silhouette or behind the screens, on this occasion it works well and fits in with the mood of the song. Just a shame Rosie's still on holiday this week.

Rating 8/10

DOTD Gill

Re: BABY STOP CRYING -- [August]

MADMAX
Dylan only managed  to get to #70 on the charts here.  Well, a red hot dress on a very red hot sexy girl! Very, Very nice!  9

Re: BABY STOP CRYING -- [August]

The Rubberband Man
This is quite a depressing song from Dylan. It’s about suicide, a possible suicide pact, infidelity, mental distress and rejection. Not the normal subject matter for L&C to deal with.

But OMG Wow! This routine absolutely has a wow factor, and it’s goldie locked Gill and that jaw dropping moment when she first appears as the blond haired sexual temptress in the red dress – so dramatic, dominant and alluring.

It’s classic freestyle contemporary dance moves with the addition of the screen silhouettes, respectfully presented in an artistic and captivating dance sequence.

DOTD: Gill. She gives this 110% an she looks beautiful