Quantcast

BBC4 set us a TOTP poser....

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I wonder why they are showing an old Sounds of the 70s tomorrow at 730pm....Maybe they are not as intent on galloping through 1983 as they were with 1981 and 1982? Any thoughts?
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: BBC4 set us a TOTP poser....

Everything'sRosie
Not really apart from the obvious that the triumvirate of Savile, DLT and Smith has left them with too few shows to fill six months.

Re: BBC4 set us a TOTP poser....

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
That's a grim thought - they didn't have to resort to fillers like this last year, The Sky at Night plus various Proms, Sports etc covered for the Yewtreed editions- so either there's less sport around in 2017 or we are going to see less shows than ever
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: BBC4 set us a TOTP poser....

zenon
With the addition of the Mike Smith blackout...  maybe they want to spread out 1983 longer giving it more impact.

Re: BBC4 set us a TOTP poser....

Old Grey Whistler
What I think might have happened is that BBC4 didn't schedule TOTP for Friday, thinking that they were going to be showing the Eurovision You Decide programme as they did last year. That Eurovision programme has been moved to BBC2 for this year, presumably because the BBC want a higher profile for it. So rather than having to disrupt  the scheduling of all the other TOTP's, they have just slotted in a Sounds Of The 70's in it's place.

Re: BBC4 set us a TOTP poser....

There's nowhere near enough available to put on 2 a week. I think about 40% of the 1983 shows cannot be used. A similar problem with 1984 where a large batch gets 'Smithed'.

Re: BBC4 set us a TOTP poser....

zenon
The BBC2 move for Eurovision You Decide was announced on December 9th though.

Re: BBC4 set us a TOTP poser....

Old Grey Whistler
True, but the schedules are worked out a long time in advance and I think they felt it easier to slot in a Sounds Of The 70's rather than shuffle all of the TOTP episodes forward. It's just a theory though.