BFI event, also on Sat 11 August.

Doc
For info there is a BFI event Sat 11 August. They are not saying what is being shown, although some of the discoveries may be announced after 2nd August. At the moment I'm not going as I'm in between 2 night shifts but might find a way of getting there if the recently discovered Pan's routines get shown. (The guy who has them said he was going to offer them to the BFI to show).

Re: BFI event, also on Sat 11 August.

Doc
Session 1:
Medico
Ivor the engine.

The rest is secret.

Session 2:
Pipkins, snapshots.

The rest is secret.

Re: BFI event, also on Sat 11 August.

Doc
I think by keeping stuff secret it’ll put people off. I literally won’t be getting out of bed for the three announced.

Re: BFI event, also on Sat 11 August.

Doc
Kal have just announced finding a BBC play from 1950. Although not if it’s being shown.

Re: BFI event, also on Sat 11 August.

Doc
A few more discoveries announced, including a lost Celebrity Squares and a programme featuring the Rev Williams, best known about these parts for recording a lot of lost Pan’s People.

Re: BFI event, also on Sat 11 August.

The Rubberband Man
I'm doing the OFTD Meet, so can't be at this.
Chris Perry's on BBC Breakfast tomorrow (Sunday) around 8:45 discussing the recent finds. No idea if he'll go into detail about the recent TOTPs discoveries or not.

Re: BFI event, also on Sat 11 August.

Doc
As far as The Telegraph is concerned they will be showing an advert made by Morecambe and Wise!

Re: BFI event, also on Sat 11 August.

The Rubberband Man wrote
Chris Perry's on BBC Breakfast tomorrow (Sunday) around 8:45 discussing the recent finds. No idea if he'll go into detail about the recent TOTPs discoveries or not.
No mention of the TOTP finds, music has always been fairly low on Chris's list of interests.

The ladies had really done their homework, hadn't they? 'We're just having a look now at pictures now of, um, Pipkins, um, who is Pipkins?'

Re: BFI event, also on Sat 11 August.

Everything'sRosie
I saw this purely by chance. Put the TV on only to be confronted by Chris Perry's face. Took me a moment to adjust. I saw the M&W clip. It had resided in a Belfast archive for 50 years unseen. It appeared to be a public information film about the dangers of drinking and driving.

Re: BFI event, also on Sat 11 August.

Doc
Several more discoveries announced today including a This is your life and a piece of Saturday Scene with Sally James.

Re: BFI event, also on Sat 11 August.

Doc
A couple of TOTP performances, The Hollies and Manfred Mann that were from 1966 and 1967.
Also quiet a lot of Southern Television shows from the 1960’s.

Re: BFI event, also on Sat 11 August.

Doc
A Saturday Superstore from 1983 and a bit of a Pebble Mill at One are amongst today’s announcements.

Re: BFI event, also on Sat 11 August.

Doc
Did anyone go and was anything exciting shown?