BOOGIE OOGIE OOGIE -- [July]

Re: BOOGIE OOGIE OOGIE -- [July]

GiLuRo
I really do like this disco track, I'm just surprised it's not one that's heard more often on the radio, and also that the artists were in fact one hit wonders. A fantastic routine from our girls too,  and I like the possibility that they could be wearing their own clothes, which would have been very fashionable at the time, a great idea that we see again in another routine in about ten months from now. Great use of a single camera too, which remains pretty still apart from panning in and out a little, and the way the girls leave and re emerge the stage is clever too, giving it the appearance of models on a catwalk. The only thing that slightly spoils the performance for me is that there's no Gill, and we don't see nearly enough of Rosie, who seems to be stuck at the back in the dark!

Rating 9/10

DOTD is difficult, but I just can't resist Lulu in that short shirt!

Re: BOOGIE OOGIE OOGIE -- [July]

Everything'sRosie
I have to admit I bloody love this record. It's era defining and I never tire of it, and back in the day I confess I had a fair few bops to it at teenage discos. And so when the repeats on BBC4 came to 1978 I was excited by the prospect of seeing Legs do a routine to it. Now here's the rub. I was disappointed. Perhaps I'd built my expectations up to an impossible level. After all, I'd grown used to seeing the girls turn mediocre records into highly watchable events...so what would they do with a bonafide dance floor classic!

I find it all a bit lame, I'm afraid. A bit last minute wear what you want type of thing, and we'll coordinate a dance as we go along. Having said that, it has started to grow on me, though Rosie seems stuck at the back in the dim light so we never get a good look at her and her rather fetching tit for tat. Not a disaster by any means, but not the classic it could have been. I wish they had all worn dresses like the one Patti had on. Very sexy.

I score it a 7.5/10
DotD Pauline's exuberance stood out most for me.

Re: BOOGIE OOGIE OOGIE -- [July]

Dancer
Really loved this song and remember Dave Lee Travis playing this on his Breakfast Show as it had entered the Top 40 and I was completely hooked.  Really loved the 12" version of this and it is the perfect disco classic.  The routine itself was lovely and all the girls played their part in it including the outfits.  I will award this dance ten out of ten and the best dancer awarded to Sue as she was in mules and they are most difficult to dance in to the point of injuring your feet.  Well done.

Re: BOOGIE OOGIE OOGIE -- [July]

The Rubberband Man
Super routine. I always like the dance sequences that are done in one take as they have a “live” feel to them. I also like the freestyle dress code – something that’s not been seen much since the Ruby Flipper days. Really unusual ending as well, with the camera pulling back to reveal the stage, and a spot light.

A dance sequence to a disco classic is always going to be a winner, and these pink panthers do it justice. Highlight for me is Lulu’s “Boy oh boy have I got news for you” solo.

DOTD: Lulu who has the best Boogie – and a rather fetching oogie!

Re: BOOGIE OOGIE OOGIE -- [July]

The Rubberband Man wrote
I also like the freestyle dress code –
Yep so do i. Its as though Flick was given a £50 C&A voucher and spent it wisely on 5 summery outfits.

Re: BOOGIE OOGIE OOGIE -- [July]

MADMAX
Quite a nice number this one, the girls dressed in various styles, very colorful costumes and some what sexy was a nice variation. Could have been a little more rotation of the girls but it was nice to see the two "Ps" up front.  Score "9" DOTD "Pauline"
12