Bradley. Any more thoughts.

 Been giving our old friend Patience some thought lately. I have now decided that the elusive lady was just a hoax. Lets face it why would Flick bring on a substitute for the 1st of March 79 TOTPs. Its something they have never done before or did after. There would be no reason to. Say if Sue was sick that episode, just dance has a 5 piece. Maybe Ms Bradley was a BS artist and cant stop telling this tale to folks, i mean some people cant help it, they sort of get trapped in it and cant find a way out. What do others think, can we once and for all put the poor woman to bed ?

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

lulupatti&sue
I can understand what you are saying. But why would the BBC say she was in L&C? If she wasnt. If she wasnt then why havent the members of L&C said so and told the BBC. You would think the BBC would know the line up of L&C as they employed them. The BBC would have documentation regarding this or you would have thought.

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

Well thats my opinion. If one views the footage which i must admit is difficult to identfy it certanly looks like Sue to me. Maybe the members of Legs and co have never heard of her, but why would they make comments after all this time. Just give me one reason why this woman would make an appearence, coz i cant think of one. Maybe this woman is a BS artist ?

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

JEZ
nobody but nobody will convince me any other way that this lady ever appeared on totp ,im not saying she possibly could have done some cabaret work with them when their stint ended on totp this evidence im not sure of

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

Yes i can dig that Jez, maybe stuff away from the TOTP cameras, defo not on TOTP though, theres just no reason to.

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

JEZ
but i can tell you one thing ryan she never no never appeared on either tragedy or keep on dancing routines

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

Well thats it then ,coz she never appeared on any other shoots. So she must be a BS merchant afterall, why do people have to make stories up like that, its quite sad really.

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

JEZ
i was once in legs and co ryan i was the back end of the camel on egyptian reggae ,see thats how easy it is to bs

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

Hey maybe that was Bradley in the camel and not Sue !

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

JEZ
no ryan flick would have been the camels bottom before bringing a stranger in come on man

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

I was being sarcastic Jez, come on man !!!!

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

JEZ
i think i guessed that ryan MAN

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

Please other blog mates, give your opinion on this most unusual and strange event that did or did not happen. I for one am in the `NO` camp.

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

JEZ
i think by my replies im definitley in the no camp

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

So thats Ryan and Jez in the no camp and LPS in the yes camp. The score is 2-1 at the moment.

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

PattiforPM
I'm in the No camp too but I'm not getting in that Camel with Jez (I might get in with Lulu or Sue though)

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

Oh good another blog mate in the no camp, so thats 3-1. I think the bell tolls for old PB.

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

mr p wouldent you like to be a camel with me you can be the camels bottom ill be its head

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

PattiforPM
If i was that close to Patti I wouldn't even notice your backside jez

Re: Bradley. Any more thoughts.

Suefan
Interesting how this topic has popped up again on the day after I had been watching the Gary's Gang dance.  Not one I view very often it must be said.

I think it is recorded that Ms Bradley had performed with Legs in both this and the Tragedy number.  Now we have established, without an iota of doubt in my opinion, that Patti, Sue, Gill, Rosie, Pauline and Lulu are the clowns in Tragedy.  The personalities of all the girls, but especially Patti and Sue, are so strong and come out in every facet of their dancing that they are unmistakable.  As I said, when we previously had this discussion, I can pick Sue out even with her back to the camera and the other five girls are also there.  Of that I have no doubt at all.  So, no Ms Bradley on that show.

Now all the listings I have found show Tragedy as being repeated on the following two show and then again on the Christmas Day TOTP.  As no other recording of Tragedy, other than the first from 22/2/79 with DLT as the DJ, has come to light I'm confident this was never danced again for TOTP, despite some claims to the contrary.  Therefore, on 1/3/79 the girls danced to Gary's Gang and the VT of Tragedy was also shown.

So, is Ms Bradley under one of those pillbox veiled hats in a cream number?  That is the question.

Now given the lighting and the costume it isn't always easy to tell but there is no mistaking Lulu; there she is at 20 sec and there is Patti just behind her.  At the minute mark you can't mistake Gill as she smiles at you and there is Pauline behind her.  At 1.11, or thereabouts, we have Rosie bouncing about with Sue behind her and there is Sue again at 1.39 with Pauline also in shot.  So, no sighting of Ms Bradley here either; not unless she is a dead ringer for one of the girls.