Quantcast

#Bringbacklegs&co

Everything'sRosie
Agnetha on the Roobarb's Forum has started a Twitter campaign aimed at the BBC, #bringbacklegs&co. How this would work without tearing a massive hole in the time/space continuum and all the consequences that go with it, I don't know. I presume she might be referring to all the missing routines that BBC4 didn't show. With a bit of strategic cutting here and there they could assemble them into a special. You never know if enough respond.

Re: #Bringbacklegs&co

Doc
The BBC could easily have edited the unique performances from the banned shows into a TOTP2 style compilation, sadly they've showed zero interest in doing so. Why bother when you have well over 1000 complete programmes in the archive that don't need the DJ cut out.

Re: #Bringbacklegs&co

ER, why don't you just direct this Agnetha person and others on the Roobarb's Forum to `One For The Dads` where all the routines that were not shown on BBC4 can be easily to found to watch on our three platforms.

Be great to get some new folk looking in too.

Re: #Bringbacklegs&co

Doc wrote
The BBC could easily have edited the unique performances from the banned shows into a TOTP2 style compilation, sadly they've showed zero interest in doing so. Why bother when you have well over 1000 complete programmes in the archive that don't need the DJ cut out.
True, and I suppose the more "progressive" types of management they have there now (at the BBC) must have cringed whenever L&C did their routines on the Pops repeats. Because, you know, it's a crime to like girls now, right! However, Legs were an integral part of the show for five years and the Beeb as the national broadcaster have an obligation to reflect changing trends. What got me was in the story of 81 they went into the Ai No Corrida routine, even interviewing Sue. Ok, we got the usual sneery talking head PC types putting in their six-penneth worth too, but it WAS considered worthy of discussion. And yet, when it came to the Big Hits compilation there was nothing, even though they knew the routine wouldn't be shown because of Savile.

Re: #Bringbacklegs&co

GaryH
An hour of Legs & Co At The BBC (minus those daft trivia boards) would be perfect.

Re: #Bringbacklegs&co

ER, why don't you just direct this Agnetha person and others on the Roobarb's Forum to `One For The Dads` where all the routines that were not shown on BBC4 can be easily to found to watch on our three platforms.

Be great to get some new folk looking in too.
Oh, they do look in here for information, I assure you. But there are hundreds of thousands of TotPs fans out there who view the repeats each week and don't take to internet forums, but do do Twitter.

Re: #Bringbacklegs&co

Old Grey Whistler
BBC Four produce some excellent music programmes on Friday nights, and I have long hoped for one on the TOTP dancers followed by a compilation programme of some of their best performances.  However I would only want this to happen if it was done respectfully as there have been too many programmes lately that have just been mocking them.

Re: #Bringbacklegs&co

VintageVideos
Friday 25 June 2016:

21.00 Pan's People at the BBC - one hour compilation of mostly rare clips from the archives that have never been shown on BBC television since their original airing. Music by Bobby Bloom, C.C.S., Chairmen Of The Board, Eagles, Herman's Hermits and many others.
22.00 Legs & Co. at the BBC - one hour compilation of clips that have not been shown during the recent repeats, plus a few rarities. Music by Exile, the Jacksons, Crystal Gayle, Quincy Jones and many others.

Don't get too excited, I'm just dreaming!

Re: #Bringbacklegs&co

Legsfan
Someone should start a petition to the BBC to commission Pan's People at the BBC and Legs & Co at the BBC

Re: #Bringbacklegs&co

Dancer
Twitter is usually awash with comments about Legs & Co whilst the programme is on.  They did "trend" for a time but it died off.  Hopefully the above hashtag did the same.  If you put Legs & Co in the search engine of Twitter the historical comments usually come up.  I like Twitter but have refrained from replying to them to join this group as majority of the comments are crass and uncalled for.  There is a facebook page "Top of the Pops Facts" which tend to discuss the shows each week.  I do promote this site on their as people do tend to be genuine and are more positive with their comments.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: #Bringbacklegs&co

VintageVideos wrote
Friday 25 June 2016:

21.00 Pan's People at the BBC - one hour compilation of mostly rare clips from the archives that have never been shown on BBC television since their original airing. Music by Bobby Bloom, C.C.S., Chairmen Of The Board, Eagles, Herman's Hermits and many others.
22.00 Legs & Co. at the BBC - one hour compilation of clips that have not been shown during the recent repeats, plus a few rarities. Music by Exile, the Jacksons, Crystal Gayle, Quincy Jones and many others.

Don't get too excited, I'm just dreaming!

I'd go for that, but not happening