Broken links on blog

Re: Broken links on blog

Mikey
Seems to be an adblocker issue, as there is an ad you have to click through to get the clip to play, so er if you are running one, try stopping it, refresh the page and it should work.

Re: Broken links on blog

The Rubberband Man
Mikey wrote
Seems to be an adblocker issue, as there is an ad you have to click through to get the clip to play, so er if you are running one, try stopping it, refresh the page and it should work.
Well done Mikey
There was an ad. A link to a site saying "Drink This Each Morning & Flush Away 11 Lbs Of Belly Fat Every Week!" (who's an ad like that aimed at? ) and removing Adblocker sorted it

Re: Broken links on blog

PattiforPM
You should worry RBM, my ad was about Kidney Cancer!

Re: Broken links on blog

Young Mister Grace
I took a step outside my happy little world of Linux & Mac browsing to see if I could replicate this problem, on a (shudder) Windows 7 computer at my local library.

It was an educational experience, and I have two questions for all you regular windows users:

1. do all embedded streamable.co videos on the site have click-through adverts?

2. Do all embedded google drive videos show an "upgrade to Chrome" pop-up?

If both these providers are doing this all the tine, I'd seriously consider going back to YouTube for my embedded video streams: at least for the vids that the Copyright Gestapo don't force YT to block.

This has been a truly eye-opening experience: I've been living in my cozy little non-windows ad-block world for too long: I'd forgotten what it's like for youse guys out in the wild windows advert-choked world.
You've all done vey well!

Re: Broken links on blog

The Rubberband Man
I've not done a deep dive into the problem YMG, but the ones I was having the challenge of getting the vid to load were the recent Pan's People vids:-
It’s Better to Have (and Don’t Need), Another Saturday Night, Machine Gun, HB Rovals Advert, and You’re the First, the Last, My Everything
Removing Adblocker resolved the issue.

The Legs & Co vids play fine for me without any need to remove Adblocker.