Broken links on blog

Re: Broken links on blog

PattiforPM
I'm on the plays fine for me team

Re: Broken links on blog

The Rubberband Man
I got this to play when I ran the vid in Firefox and Safari, so it's likely a browser settings issue rather than a broken link.

Re: Broken links on blog

Young Mister Grace
Okay, one person having problems could just be a glitch: but now two people are reporting difficulties, so I've replaced the Google My Drive clip with a streamable.com clip.

http://oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=2423

Since I had to re-process the video in order to upload, I've taken the opportunity to upgrade the clip to 50 frames per second (the original video is fairly poor quality, but at least the interlacing is intact).

Since the original embedded version still works or me, I've added a link to it, in case anyone has trouble with the new version.

By the way, I've noticed while reviewing this clip that, even though we're in ropey greyscale, it's still evident that Louise has caught a bit of the August sun on her face. Delightful. That summer of 1973 was a hot one, if I remember correctly.

Cheers, and thanks to everyone for keeping me informed about playback problems.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: Broken links on blog

The Rubberband Man
The clip's working for me in all Browsers now (Firefox, Safari and Chrome).
Thanks YMG for your help

Re: Broken links on blog

YMG. Im not sure `Strut Your Funky Stuff` is working properly on the blog. All i get is the endless spinning wheel thing.
http://oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=327

Re: Broken links on blog

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Thanks Ryan: I've replaced the faulty clip.
You've all done vey well!

Re: Broken links on blog

sueforever
I can't seem to play boogie nights YMG.

Re: Broken links on blog

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Thanks sueforever. This is become a pattern: Google Drive clips are still playing fine for me, but reporst of problems are still coming in.

I've replaced the GD clip with a streamable.com version: http://oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=2290

You've all done vey well!

Re: Broken links on blog

`Tap Turns On The Water` does not play for me on the blog YMG. Again all im getting is the eternal spinner symbol. I realise this could be down to my browser (Firefox) and my insistence to persist with Windows 7, staunchly resisting going to Win10.

Re: Broken links on blog

Mikey
Its an Ad blocker issue I think.

Re: Broken links on blog

Legsfan
I get issues sometimes like today Down Deep Inside didn't work for me. Usually it works for me.

Also YMG, Get Back by Pan's People doesn't work on the blog. Blocked by UMG.

Re: Broken links on blog

Legsfan
Also, there is no video under Now That We Found Love on the blog.
And Jones Vs Jones

Re: Broken links on blog

Mikey wrote
Its an Ad blocker issue I think.
To get Tap Turns On The Water to play, you have to click a "Skip Ad" button. If AdBlocker is enabled, you don't see that button - you just get the eternal spinning circle.

Re: Broken links on blog

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Hi Folks: thanks for all your comments.

There's very little I can do about the way ad blocker interacts with embedded video, I'm afraid.

To allow as many people as possible to see "Tap Turns on the Water", I've added links to view them on sendvid and streamable's site:

http://oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=1269

...google drive is still "processing video", but I'll add that too when I can.

I'll also check out the other mentioned problem videos, and get back to youse.

You've all done vey well!

Re: Broken links on blog

Young Mister Grace
Legsfan wrote
... video under Now That We Found Love on the blog ...
This one's down to me: I found a typing error in the embedding code. It should be working fine now:

http://oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=1469
You've all done vey well!

Re: Broken links on blog

Young Mister Grace
Legsfan wrote
... Get Back by Pan's People doesn't work on the blog. Blocked by UMG ...
Streamable seems to be choking on the "Get Back" clip, so I've embedded it from google drive (and added a link too).
You've all done vey well!

Re: Broken links on blog

Young Mister Grace
Legsfan wrote
... And Jones Vs Jones ...
Jones Versus Jones has been fixed: http://oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=837

You've all done vey well!

Re: Broken links on blog

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
YouTube is Down!

In case you hadn't notice, YouTube seems to be down worldwide (as of 3.15 AM).

So the many, many clips on the blog that are embedded YouTube videos are comingt up as ugly "500 server error" messages with unslightly data dumps.

Not much we can do at this end until the YouTube boffins get their acts together.
You've all done vey well!

Re: Broken links on blog

PattiforPM
Seems to be working again for me now YMG

Re: Broken links on blog

I see that the Instant Reply (Christmas) is not playing YMG.