CAR WASH -- [January]

CAR WASH Dance number 17 by Legs & Co
Performed by Rose Royce and reaching No 9 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date 13/01/77 -- Duration of dance 2.57 mins
Dancers -- Gill,Lulu,Patti,Pauline,Rosie,Sue.
The Legs & Co attendence register so far after 17 dances

Gill       17                Lulu     17               Pauline 17
Rosie    17                Sue      17               Patti     15
A link to the dance http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25di8d_legs-co-car-wash-totp-tx-13-01-1977_creation

Well this one is as close to perfection as anything done by Legs & Co, a totally faultless performance. There is nothing on view here that i can find fault with. I love the outfits, the props, the song and their `splendid chassis` that we see on show. A nice bit of byplay between Sue & Gill to start off with, then into the action with each girl getting plenty of camera time. Thought long and hard what score on my watchable ratings to give this one, but in the end its got to be my second award of 10 out of 10.

Re: CAR WASH

Paperboyplod
The set for this routine looks like a real car-wash, there's some great frantic dancing in this as befits the song. The lighting wasn't brilliant, but to me the dress-code seemed to be Gladiator-style outfits, & high-heeled boots, very stylish indeed. I noticed that some of the girls seemed to vanish into the revolving brushes, they really should be more careful, there could've been some serious injuries!

Re: CAR WASH

PattiForPM
I have really warmed to this routine over time and now agree it is very well done.  It's a great funk classic of course and the crazy brushes and outfits add to the enjoyment.  The cat fight at the beginning is good value and the ladies taking turns in the limelight always works well.  A favorite moment for me is Lulus rapid fire hip swiveling and I always like names on the ladies and the caps are an inventive twist on this theme.  My only regret is the lack of water and suds but you can't have everything!  9/10 for me.

Re: CAR WASH

bucksby
Excellent routine and the girls look like they are having good clean (ahem) fun! 8 out of 10

Re: CAR WASH

Lookmacinanger
Well this interpretation is dripping in quality....Great sounds from Rose Royce and their disco classic and a dream sequence for Flick to devise. The girls look fantastic and the routine is full of cheeky fun. I personally think Patti just steals the show from Sue in this one. 9/10

Re: CAR WASH

PattiForPM
Mac you've totally won me over now!

Re: CAR WASH

I love this one too.Loads of colour,energy and fun.Loved the opening shot of Sue and a giggly Gill - 9/10.

Re: CAR WASH

Lookmacinanger
P4PM, Patti is the business in this one along with those cut downs she wore in David Dudas 'Jeans On' I wasn't looking anywhere esle............shame on us!

Re: CAR WASH

LOL, notice how Patti kept fiddling with the back of those cut downs, damn things kept riding high !

Re: CAR WASH

Paperboyplod
The opening shot of this routine was MishMash's avatar!

Re: CAR WASH

That's a carefully engineered Dance move Ryan

Re: CAR WASH

Mishmash, now theres a name from the past. Hey Mish old buddy, if your reading this, rejoin us on here.

Re: CAR WASH

Suefan
When I first found this one it was on a very ropey quality recording and for that reason I have paid it less attention than it deserves.  From that memorable start it is a very cheeky little number throughout but I'm less taken with the extraneous costume elements.

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Floid Fan
I agree that this has to be one of the best Legs' performances I have seen so far, demonstrating they were certainly getting well into their stride after a decidedly ropey start. I love it. 9 out of 10.
Carl

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Suefan
I'm afraid I cannot let that last crass remark pass unchallenged.  If "Rock n' Me", "Maid In Heaven", "You'll Never Get To Heaven", and "December 63" constitute ropey then I say the more rope the better.

Legs are talented, gorgeous, sexy girls who never gave a ropey performance on TOTP in their lives.

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Yeah Floidfan, as much as i respect your comments and remarks, saying Legs & Co got off to a ropey start puts you firmly in a minority of one. I reckon your pushing your wind up button again to get the gander up of us Legs fans. Granted there are a small percentage of poorer routines on the eye, but surely thats the case with any dance troupe, including your favourite Ruby Flipper. Time to let go my friend, Ruby got gobbled up by the giant that was Legs & Co.

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

As I see it there are three classes of Legs & Co routine:  Bad Songs, Good Dances and Great Dances.  I challenge you to the traditional remedy FF: Legwarmers at Dawn.

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Floid Fan
I think I mean that  for the first couple of Legs routines, the dances seemed predictable and routine, but then,after that, the routines became much more versatile.
Carl

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

74benja81
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Andeebee
Hot Gossip to me were bit tasteless  (one incident where one of the girls hadn't shaved properly) I think L&C had more class and didn't have to resort to much to selling sex (keeping it covered was sexy enough for me)

I love this routine - Sue is stunning again and love the tongue poking on this