CAR WASH -- [January]

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

74benja81
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Andeebee
oh I'll give it a 9 just for the long socks and sheer cheekiness
Hopelessly Devoted to Sue

Stu

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Stu
I'd like to point out that Gill's tongue is twice as long as Sue's! No extra points for this, just an observation. And... oh yeah... a great routine.

8.5/10

Stuey

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Old Bill
Absolutely perfect! One of my absolute faves. Can't fault this at all.

The song, the set, the props, the dance itself, the outfits, the smiles, fun and sexy - just what Legs are about.

Brilliant. 10/10, I wonder what happened to the hats tho...?
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Thats a good point OB about those hats, wonder were they went to ? Knowing the BBC i bet they made the girls hand them in, but one wonders if they took them home. Could be our dancers still have lots of these little trinkets and souvenirs from the dancing days. Hmm a possible future thread, `What should the dancers have in there memory box`?

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Old Bill
Did they wear them for any other routines...? Because it's not like they could go back to the costume department for someone else to use! Like the Love Hit Me boxing outfits, and other 'personalised' outfits. But a hat does always make a nice souvenir though so who knows!?

Next time I'm having a quiet drink with Lulu I'll ask her :-)
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

"Splendid chassis" - sometimes 'Diddy' just hit the nail on the head. This is colourful, lively - and fun! Seems that disco err sorry soul songs just brought out the best of 'our' girls. Now when can I bring my car, ladies? 9.5 / 10
Vin

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Doc
You would find it difficult to get bored watching this dance as there's loads going on and it's not predicatable (unless you watch it 20 times, which I might do!). Another one that works well with the song and another 9 awarded.

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Doc, looks like your going through the lot, can you do me a favour. If you click on any links that do not work, can you let me know, just leave a message with your comments on the dances, cheers.

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Doc
I don't normally use the links.

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Who's That Hurll

Car Wash:       A sporty delight from the early days of disco. I like it when the girls jump out from the side and work two by two.
                      The mischievous head to head at the start, will be used to even greater effect in a certain Gallic tinged  number 1 in the very near future.
8.75/10           DOTD Sue.

WTH

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Old Grey Whistler
If proof was ever required of the versatility of Legs & Co then it is illustrated clearly in the first two routines of 1977. From the graceful balletic elegance of 'Don't Give Up On Us' we move to the high tempo fun filled 'Car Wash'. I like the interplay between Gill and Sue at the start which sets the tone, and this is a fine routine in which all the girls have their moments to shine.  This gets 9 out of 10 from me.

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

The start of the routine is fun and cheeky. We have Sue and Gill facing each other and pulling tongues at each other. All the ladies are wearing different coloured leotards. On the top of the leotard was a multicoloured shawl. And around the bottom part of the legs were leg warmer of the same multicoloured colours. And on the heads were denim caps, with their names stitched on to the caps. The dance floor was made to look like car wash. with two rows of three spinning washer.That flick Colby uses this effect by having the ladies going between them. And having them jumping in and out of the routine. She would use this idea in other routines. And at the back of the set was a glowing name car wash. The ladies do a good job and each lady gets a nice solo to this song.

This is going to have a high score 9 out of 10.

Dotd is Sue.

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Suefan
Will give this one a solid 7.5 and if I could have split my Dotd pick it would have gone to the cheeky Sue and Gill to share.  But as I have to choose one dancer I'm choosing Gill for my Dotd.

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Colm
Any L&C routine that starts out with a touch of cheekiness is a good thing - and Gill and Sue's cute raspberry bits set up the fun throughout our trip to the "Car Wash". Lots of nice pairing up and groupings throughout, and no-one puts a foot wrong anywhere. A shame that one of the spinning things gives up the ghost before the end of the song.

Score: 8.5

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

PaulF
Another superb legs routine to a good song. Very enjoyable 9/10.
Paul

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Angie
Another brilliant routine! Top marks from me....

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Mikey
Yep, no criticism from me on this one, everything comes together brilliantly, its high energy cheeky fun with great outfits, funky moves, an interactive set and so on and so on. Lulu's short solo at 1.20 is a real lol moment, and that intro with Gill and Sue may be random but it sets the tone perfectly. Suprised those caps stayed on a well as they did though.

9.5/10

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Funny how i can watch a routine so many times (probably a 100 or so) and still only just notice things. Look how one of the car wash brushes conks out at the 2.34 minute mark. Call the BBC maintenance dept.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVOTwc56WQE

EDIT-Just noticed Colm made reference to this in his post 3 above this.

Re: CAR WASH -- 1977

Paperboyplod
It seems to be playing in full for me, using the ie11 web browser.