CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

CHANSON D`AMOUR    Manhattan Transfer
17/02/77  Dancers - Gill,Lulu,Patti,Pauline,Rosie,Sue
A link to the dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlNnh_ubyJc
I do feel that this dance will probably provide six different DOTD nominees, each girl is excellent in their respective roles. The chair work from Patti & Rosie is exquisite. But im drawn to quite naturally to the goddess in this one, as shes blowing me that kiss. Mademoiselle Sue it is for me.

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

bucksby
DOTD is Gill for me.

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

Paperboyplod
Pauline

Her facial expressions convey a certain child-like innocence, that's really sweet.

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

Mme HAMMOND for me. I love her middle solo, and her cute "jolt" right at the start.

I also adore Mlle MENHENICK's kiss. In fact, Sue is sheer beauty and elegance throughout the routine.

On the other hand, I hate the lack of clear and appropriate shots of Mlle CARTWRIGHT's face, especially at the end.

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

Yes Lulu got a raw deal in this routine. Not many decent shots of her and quite a unflattering side shot of her in the stair-off.

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

Lookmacinanger
Dotd, Patti

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

Patti gets my nod for her exquisite chair-work and composed facial expression

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

Sue gets my DotD nomination in this one for surely that kiss is meant for moi !

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

VintageVideos
I'll pick Pauline as the DotD in this one.

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

Ha, get in line SF, that kiss was for me......Sue it is.....really really stunning in this

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

PattiForPM
I think Sue may have been looking at me actually.  Perhaps something to do with my bilingual Francophilic background?

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

Andeebee
What would Patti think P4PM???

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

Well I didn't make a fuss when she danced that intense duet with Martin that time or even when that swarthy looking individual in the Teddy Boy outfit started getting a little too close that other time so I think I've been pretty forgiving ADB

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

Andeebee
You are forgiving, but prey tell who is Franco & Phil

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

PattiForPM
I've forgotten about Franco and I thought our Phil was a Sue Fan.  Just kidding really but he did dance some good pieces with Sue in RF and Patti seemed to be more ofter paired with the young Floidster to me.  Oops sorry Ryan, I've got a little off topic on Chanson D'Amour DotD

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

BeautifulBabs
Pauline and this routine is my idea of a legs 10.

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

Cheers Babs, i will enter your nomination for Pauline on the DOTD leader board. Would you like to do a separate post for your `routine rating` on the actual routines from 1977 list. I have decided to no longer accept routing ratings which do not appear on the correct thread.

All you have to do is type your score. You will find the thread quite easily, its called `Dances from 1977`, thanks.
RYAN
Stu

Re: CHANSON D`AMOUR (DOTD)

Stu