CHERRY'S Work After TOTPS.

80schick
"Woman In The Wings" By Maddy Prior (Album).
Maddy Prior’s first solo album ‘Woman in the Wings’ (1978) included a track called ‘Cat’s Eyes’. One of the credited backing vocalists was a Cherry Gillespie. The album also featured the entire Jethro Tull line-up. In 1974 Pan’s People appeared alongside Jethro Tull at the Rainbow Theatre in London and Jethro Tull’s Ian Anderson even wrote a dance number for the girls entitled ‘Pan Dance’. Coincidence (or not) ?

The Bitch (Film).
1979
Cherry played the part of ‘Disco Girl’ in Joan Collins’ discotheque.

Crown Court ITV.
04 May 1982, 05 May 1982 & 06 May 1982
Mention ITV’s daytime schedule and what do you think of? Aussie soaps, tacky gameshows, exploitative Jerry Springer-type talk shows, naff cookery programmes…the list goes on. If it’s crap then it’s probably on ITV some time between 9.30am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday. But this was not always the case. Up until 20 years ago ITV still had some pride in their daytime output and actually spent money on original, British drama. In October 1972 ITV debuted two drama series that would remain staple lunchtime viewing for several years; ‘Emmerdale Farm’ first aired on 16 October 1972 followed two days later by ‘Crown Court’. Whilst ‘Emmerdale Farm’ eventually switched to ITV’s evening schedule, ‘Crown Court’ soldiered on in its traditional lunchtime slot until it was axed in 1984. Each week ‘Crown Court’ presented viewers with fictional court cases spread over three days. The participants in each trial were played by actors but the jury consisted of ordinary members of the public. In a “trial” broadcast in 1982 entitled ‘Face Value’, Cherry played the part of Lucy Brennan, the winner of a beauty contest. After the contest, she had dinner with one of the show’s organisers who then attempted to rape her. The jury had to decide whether she gave him the “come-on” or whether he was guilty of attempted rape. Viewers wanting a more easy-going lunchtime no doubt turned to ‘Pebble Mill at One’ on the other side.

Nutcracker (Film).
1982
Cherry appeared alongside Joan Collins again. Also Patti Hammond from Ruby Flipper and Legs & Co starred in this film.

Octopussy (Film).
1983
Excellent James Bond film with Cherry playing ‘Midge’.

The Hot Shoe Show BBC1.
Series One: Six weekly appearances 05 June 1983 to 10 July 1983
Series Two: Four weekly appearances 06 September 1984 to 27 September 1984
Christmas Special: 23 December 1984
This was basically ‘Come Dancing’ on speed. The driving force behind the show was Wayne Sleep who, along with Bonnie Langford, ensured the programme received plenty of publicity, not to mention BAFTA nominations. Cherry received third billing on the credits and this is probably her best TV dance work to date.

The Morecambe & Wise Show ITV.
Cherry starred with Morecambe & Wise again, 2841 days after her previous appearance on their show. This programme was originally scheduled for 21 September 1983, but was postponed.

Blankety Blank BBC1.
Five editions of Blankety Blank hosted by Les Dawson:
16 November 1984, 25 January 1985, 20 December 1985, 13 February 1987, 06 November 1987
Vastly underrated game show with Les Dawson as the perfect host. Amongst the prizes on offer were an ‘Orange Tree’ and a ‘Do-It-Yourself Boy George Make-Up Kit’.

The Funny Side ITV.
Guest appearance on this short-lived ITV comedy sketch show starring Derek Griffiths.

Bergerac BBC1.
Cherry played the part of Marianne Roussillon in an episode entitled “Crossed Swords”.

Casualty BBC1.
Cherry played the part of Barbara Conrad in an episode entitled “Hanging On”.

Minder ITV.
Cherry starred alongside George Cole and Gary Webster in the story ‘Whatever Happened To Her Indoors’.

TV Commercials (1996).
Cherry contributed to TV Commercials for Kellogg’s All-Bran and Wella Hair Care in 1996.

Stage Musical's.
Cherry has appeared in a number of stage musicals since leaving Pan’s People, including ‘A Chorus Line’.

Re: CHERRY'S Work After TOTPS.

PattiforPM
This is great stuff 80schick.  Now I am getting Nutcracker (already ordered) although here in N.America it is called "Nutcracker Sweet" and I don't expect high quality plot with Joan Collins involved but seeing Cherry and Patti even briefly would be great.  Thanks for all your work on these lists

Re: CHERRY'S Work After TOTPS.

Much more than I knew about

"Nutcracker (Film).
1982
Cherry appeared alongside Joan Collins again. Also Patti Hammond from Ruby Flipper and Legs & Co starred in this film."

although perhaps not with quite the same degree of exposure as Cherry.

Re: CHERRY'S Work After TOTPS.

Yes cheers 80schick. Ive just googled `pans people moonlighting` myself and all that stuff is on there. Its quite interesting i must say. Visit it guys.

Re: CHERRY'S Work After TOTPS.

80schick
Yes I know Ryan. Just thought I would share things instead of you all talking about 1 thing. Maybe broaden your minds alittle. If that ISNT ok then just say. Dont want to step on other peoples toes.

Re: CHERRY'S Work After TOTPS.

PattiforPM
As you can see from my avatar my toes are OK

Re: CHERRY'S Work After TOTPS.

Yes i know your trying to broaden our minds. But weve been doing ok for about 4 months now on here, so i dont think we need no lessons on how to run the forum thanks. But your pics and info are most welcome, just wish you would chill out a bit regarding me. I have no axe to grind with you at all. I am willing to call a truce. I know we like differnt things but there is room for all of us on here and i dont wanna fight with you.

Re: CHERRY'S Work After TOTPS.

Young Mister Grace
Thanks 80schick. I've no idea where you're doing your research, but I want to join your library.

YMG
You've all done vey well!