CHIQUITITA [February]

Re: CHIQUITITA [February]

The Rubberband Man
Set in the archways of a rural Spanish Cortijos, this strikes me as a technically complex dance sequence. The choreography involved in arranging everyone’s movements around the arches must have taken a lot of planning and rehearsing, and so I think a round of applause to Flick is in order. A lot of concentration needed from the girls too, which provokes the serious / sultry look that is undoubtedly very sexy.

The flamenco style dresses are fabulous, and much effort has gone into the hairstyles. Avoiding the Croydon Facelift look is the fabulous Lulu and I like the way the camera picks her out for the “You were always sure of yourself” lines from the lyrics – appropriate enough for the confident young woman that she is.

It would be a 9 but it’s all over a bit too early and the wheels seem to fall off right at the end timing wise, so it’s 8/10

DOTD: No Spanish Inquisition needed to reach the verdict that it’s Lulu.
😇🏳️‍🌈 You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism  🏳️‍🌈😇

Re: CHIQUITITA [February]

G-RUTH
Not my favourite Abba song, but I do like this routine. I think the dresses look fantastic, and combined with the set of arches and interesting lighting, everything is very apt for the whole spanishness of this outing. Like others have said, some dancers don’t get much of a look in, which is a shame as I would have liked to see more of the others! 8/10 and dotd Gill.
J&A

Re: CHIQUITITA [February]

J&A

An excellent routine. I love the solo part for the piano of this song that is excluded in the routine because it is very long.

Rating: 10/10

DOTD: Gill

Oxygène

Re: CHIQUITITA [February]

Dolly
Que Bonita!

I love Flamenco dancing. I love watching it. It's so dramatic and full of passion and fire. The ladies look muy Bonita in their traditional dresses and pulled back hair in a beat bun. I thought the song was very nice too.
Everyone looked beautiful and did a good job.

My choice for DOTD is:

Gorgeous Gillian nailed this dance.
I think it takes someone with a serious deposition to really show the emotion of this dance. Gillian did a great job. I'm giving this performance a
10
I thought it was very well choreographed and performed.
Muy buen trabajo damas.
Dolly

Re: CHIQUITITA [February]

Eric M
A truly brilliant performance, and a perfect marriage between a song & everything seen on screen.   The ladies' dramatic abilities are ever present.   They tell a story.   It all works.   Flick Colby & everyone working on this just really come through.

Patti's close up look early on helps sell everything that follows to a tee.

Grade:  10

DOTD:  Patti
123