CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - RESULT

1976 to 1981 final playoff!

The top 3 from each year can be seen using these links:
1976: https://youtu.be/iU7BRhiXQ30?t=31s
1977: https://youtu.be/je8O9TDacYw?t=57s
1978: https://youtu.be/rkqV-rQfgr0?t=1m00s
1979: https://youtu.be/C4EFwms7leE?t=56s
1980: https://youtu.be/7o16uXZk4RI?t=51s
1981: https://youtu.be/WATss75Jik8?t=46s

Voting rules:
THESE HAVE CHANGED!

Because it's going to difficult to choose I'm going to allow you to pick half of the moments!

3 first choices.
3 second choices.
3 third choices.

(Keep an eye on the thread for an additional extra points vote that will only be open to those that have already voted).

You've got until 1800 Sun 22nd April to make your choices. If you've not taken part before, please do so. All of the moments are available in the links above.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

Yearly Winners
Starting points in brackets

1. 1976: Maid In Heaven: Sue out of breath at the end. (7.06)

2. 1977: Egyptian Reggae: Unrolling the carpet. (6.27)

3. 1978: Dancing In The City: Going down the line with Rosie at the end of the queue then the close up of her a second or so later. (7.95)

4. 1979: Sunday Girl: Each girl gets to pose ending with Patti's Key. (8.44)

5. 1980: Don't Push It Don't Force It – Lulu, at the start, with that leg kick, that makes her dress ride up too high  (8.43)

6. 1981: Hands Up - Lulu's "Angel Face, I Love Your Smile" (7.71)

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

Yearly Second Places
Starting points in brackets

7. 1976: December 63: Gill's hip wiggling. (5.14)

8. 1977: Boogie Nights: The first time the camera cuts to Sue. (4.73)

9. 1978: Supernature: Rosie's transformation into an amazon girl. (6.00)

10. 1979: Lost in Music  Perfect Pauline and how she treats those bars. (3.67)

11. 1980: Spirits Having Flown: Sue's multiple spin solo about 1:30. (7.19)

12. 1981: Ai No Corrida: Sue sliding down the slope. (5.77)

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

Yearly Third Places
Starting points in brackets

13. 1976: Rock N Me - Patti with Sue and Lulu in lovely side view. (3.22)

14. 1977: Love's Unkind: Lulu's crush on my best friend moment. (3.46)

15. 1978: Night Fever: When the camera goes close up on Lulu and then pans back to reveal the whole troupe. (4.76)

16. 1979: Born To Be Alive -  Sue does a headstand, falls over and crawls off stage. (2.67)

17. 1980: The Groove: It has to be the Lulu crawl on the sofa, particularly the ending of it when she moves her leg to the floor. (5.00)

18. 1981: Hooked On Classics: Doing the robot. (2.62)

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

To hopefully avoid draws each routine will have a starting points total.

They will get a score of (Points Scored/Total Points Cast)*Z + (Position in Poll)
Z = 40 for 1977 to 1981 and 23 for 1976, this is to adjust for the different vote made for 1976.
Position in Poll = 2 for all 1st places and 1 for all 2nd places and 0 for all third places.

The starting total will be written next to each routine above.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

Doc
9 of the 18 now known.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

Doc
Only 3 left to find.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

The 18 contenders are now complete.
As said above, to avoid ties, they will start with a points value based on their popularity in the votes.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

1976 to 1981 final playoff!

The top 3 from each year can be seen using these links:
1976: https://youtu.be/iU7BRhiXQ30?t=31s
1977: https://youtu.be/je8O9TDacYw?t=57s
1978: https://youtu.be/rkqV-rQfgr0?t=1m00s
1979: https://youtu.be/C4EFwms7leE?t=56s
1980: https://youtu.be/7o16uXZk4RI?t=51s
1981: https://youtu.be/WATss75Jik8?t=46s

Thumbnails and voting numbers are in the posts above.

Voting rules:
THESE HAVE CHANGED!

Because it's going to difficult to choose I'm going to allow you to pick half of the moments!

3 first choices.
3 second choices.
3 third choices.

(Keep an eye on the thread for an additional extra points vote that will only be open to those that have already voted).

You've got until 1800 Sun 22nd April to make your choices. If you've not taken part before, please do so. All of the moments are available in the links above.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

Doc
A couple of enhancements!

If you wish to keep your vote secret from those that have not already taken part, then you can send me a nabble email message. To make sure I find it, add a post saying you've sent the mail and make sure that the contents says who you are as the email address probably won't help. Those that already send me emails can use the traditional method instead.

As an incentive to get in early,  once you have voted I will send you a nabble mail with a link to the current state of the voting (please don't share this!).

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

Mikey
3 first choices = 4, 6, 13
3 second choices = 2, 5, 14
3 third choices = 9, 11, 17

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

Doc
Done and I've sent you the link.
One of the favourites drops a place, but I think it's only temporary.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

First choices;          3 + 4 + 12

Second choices;     5 + 10 + 11

Third choices;        13 + 14 + 9

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

Doc
Added and the link is in the post!
No surprises at the top!

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

First - 3,9,14
Second - 5,11,15
Third - 4,8,16

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

Doc
Updated for 3 votes. The big hitters seem to be making their move.

Those that have voted should be able to access the current positions with the link that I send when you vote.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

Doc
Might as well put my vote in:

Firsts:
3, 4, 11

Seconds:
15, 9, 7

Thirds:
2, 6, 12

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

Doc
The top 6 currently includes 4 year winners and 2 of the second placers.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

AC/PD
First  choices - 4, 9, 11
Second choices - 8, 10, 14
Third choices - 7, 15, 18

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 (This will be the thread for the all time playoff)

Doc
Good old No. 18 has a friend after all. I’ll add them when I turn the computer on later today.