CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - RESULT

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Doc
The table has been updated. Some swapping around in the top 6.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Who's That Hurll
All my choices are in order of merit.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

AC/PD
Activating the extra question option -
Number 4, number 11 and number 9.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Who's That Hurll wrote
All my choices are in order of merit.
Me too

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Doc
The chart has been updated, it's still very tight in the top 6.

The extra vote is still available for Supalu and Old Grey Whistler.
For those that are considering taking part you now only have until Sunday afternoon to come up with your choices.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Old Grey Whistler
Extra special vote - 4, 6, 9

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Looks like there's going to be no more taking part. I have to say I like the top 6 (I voted for all of them!)
For those that have joined in, the online chart now includes the points scored. As you can see it was very close in the top 6 apart from one position!

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Doc
Ha, just as I said no more, in comes OGW.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Doc
The chart has been updated and it's a movement up for Lulu. Less than 1 point between 3rd and 6th.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Doc
No top 6 video this time as it's too much time and effort for the interest shown. Here's a clip of the top moment instead:
https://youtu.be/C4EFwms7leE?t=1m32s

1st: Sunday Girl 40.44 points

2nd: Spirits Having Flown 27.19 points

3rd: Hands Up 25.71 points

4th: Dancing In The City 25.45 points

5th: Supernature 25.00 points

6th: Ai No Corrida 24.77 points

and here's how the rest did:

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Gorgeous Daze
The winner romps home and guess what? No dancing at all! Fine by me, a true knock-out of a sequence and then the delivery of the coup de grace.

Thanks for all the hard work and commitment you put into this project Doc.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Everything'sRosie
Yes, well done, Doc. The people have spoken. A fine winner, though my money would have been on Sue backsliding.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

AC/PD
Such a fine set of Six...and the winning routines aren't too bad either.
Coincidence to have the same number concurrent with the troupe capacity of course, Doc!
My picks were the "key", the "spin" and the "transformation"  1,2 and 5.
What's particularly pleasing about the No.1 choice (which romped home) is that despite the moment being synonymous with Patti, all six dancer profiles are featured, which is apt for the togetherness of Legs & Co.
Thanks Doc for serving in the Champagne section and for complex juggling involved in arranging the moments.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this Doc. As for the winning moment, well im happy it was a yearly winner and whats more it contained all six dancers. Though i suspect the platoon are sipping their champagne this evening knowing that the key dangling Patti was the star of this show.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Congratulations to P. Hammond Locksmiths and also to Doc, for providing this enjoyable feature.

I'm surprised Lulu's dress mishap didn't make the Top 6, as that moment must contribute a huge part towards the popularity of that routine.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Old Grey Whistler
Thanks for your time and effort in presenting this, Doc. I an quite pleased that my late vote may have altered the minor placings and, as others have noted, it is also pleasing that the winning moment contained the whole troupe.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Legsfan
Thanks Doc for the time and effort you have put into this. They were all great routines, though personally I don’t think I can say one is better than the other. Also, I really like the videos of the clips Doc made.

Re: CM 1976 to 1981 PLAYOFF FINAL - Optional extra question now active!

Doc
Excluding 1976 which had a different voting system, here is how all of the winners and routines scoring more than 20 fared.
It roughly predicts the top 6, except for Don't Push It, Don't Force It which rather slumped in the final and Ai No Corrida which slightly improved.
Don't Push It's slump was almost certainly caused by 3 of it's biggest supporters not voting in the final.