COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

Gorgeous Daze
LOL. Looks like our resident meanie's crown is going to be secure for another year.

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

AC/PD
This looks more like a Legs & Co. warm-down routine committed to camera.
On the ladies, the tops are singlets rather than vests and thankfully they didn't turn out in y-fronts to complete the forgotten-P.E. kit memories. Cold floor on bare feet ...brrr.
Nice moment when it looks as if they look as if a synchronised cartwheel carnical is about to occur, but, bereft of mats, they take to the floor and pull themselves backwards. An unusual exercise overall but one which is ultimately non-descript. Sorry.
5/10
DOTD: Tough indeed. Pauline for the start and for suiting the white kit best of all.

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

A different type of routine and I quite like it, shame we don't get to see it on HD 9/10. Dotd Rosemary.
Still living in 1979

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

Old Grey Whistler
With their pristine white gym kits, I can only think that they were angling for a sponsorship from Persil (Other washing powders are available), and this whole thing looks a bit like a school PE lesson. The song is okay if you are in the right mood for it, but I don't think it is one that I would rush out to buy.  The whole performance is just a bit sterile and I think comfortably their weakest of 1979 so far.  It is not poor but I don't think I can go above 7 out of 10.
DOTD is Lulu.
Stu

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

Stu
I'd echo Old Bill's sentiments of 'A nice dance that livens up a dull song'. It's all very pleasant without leaving a desperate need to hit the repeat button. Thought the eighties footballer shorts looked good on our girls, especially the lovely long legs of my DOTD.

7/10

DOTD - Rosie

Stuey

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Still living in 1979

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

comments removed

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

Doc
Oh yes, I've corrected it now.
Still living in 1979

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

bucksby
decent routine to a song which I wasn't keen on at first but is a grower. The routine was enjoyable to watch with a wide variety of moves. No one really stands out as such but Rosie slightly made more of an impression than the others so she gets DOTD. I liked the feet close up at the end. Routine an 8.

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

Who's That Hurll
The Girls are in cool white to suit the song, but rarely meditate, as they are too busy sliding over the shiny floor and keeping fit ready for their next routine. It looks like they've stuck all the curtain hooks on the set, instead of on the rails they were designed for. This is not a great loss from the BBC4 canon and receives 4.5/10 from me and DOTD Pauline for her sprightly intro.

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

Not a song I 'm familiar with and a bit of a strange routine from our girls with more sliding along the floor than dancing, however I think this suits the tempo and nature of the song well. The ladies look lovely in their white PT/gym kits and I like the barefoot look too.

Rating 6/10

DOTD Rosie, just for the way she moved across the floor towards the camera.

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

MADMAX
Can't say this does anything for me I'm afraid,   4.5    DOTD Pauline

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

MADMAX wrote
Can't say this does anything for me I'm afraid,   4.5    DOTD Pauline
Na, it wasn't one of their most memorable routines of this year, thats for sure.

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

Dancer
I loved this song much better than their first one and this one never crops up on any compilation.  The lyrics were slightly controversial and henceforth I think it did not get much airplay but it still remains one of my favourites of the year.  I felt that Flick took a gamble with this one as it had stalled in the charts the previous week so well done to her.  The routine itself looked lovely.  I loved the outfits and the moves.  Something that one could copy quite easily.  I will award this dance nine out of ten because it was slightly difficult and the best dancer awarded to Rosie as for some reason she looked so lovely and seemed to be enjoying herself.

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

VintageVideos
Dancer wrote
Something that one could copy quite easily.  I will award this dance nine out of ten because it was slightly difficult
I like your comments, Dancer, but cannot quite comprehend whether you think the moves were easy or difficult
And when the stewardess is near do not show any fear

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

Dancer
We will have to say mediocre VV.  I played it today.  For some reason I absolutely adore Rosie in this.  Felt it must have been difficult for them in front of an audience because I thought it looked really potential yoga moves.  Fabulous.

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

Dancer wrote
Felt it must have been difficult for them in front of an audience because I thought it looked really potential yoga moves.
No studio audience were visible (like in around 66% of Legs & Co performances), so we can only guess that they were dancing infront of an audience. I believe this and many other routines were filmed prior to any studio audience even being in the building.

Re: COOL MEDITATION -- [January]

Dancer
Yes that is true.  Never thought of that.  When we heard clapping we always presumed there was an audience.