Caption thread .....

Sue Menhenick

 Looking through some of the many threads that have been posted over the years, there is one,  the add a caption, started I believe by Suefan) that was always great fun when teamed with certain pictures or screen grabs .
It’s been a while since any new posts have been added to the thread, so perhaps it’s time to open it up once more ?
Especially as there is now more footage and pictures available for some possible droll comments from some of you quick witted folk.

What do you think ?

Re: Caption thread .....

Caracalla
This post was updated on .
Hi Sue.
I'm too young (in OFTDs membership terms) to remember the last caption thread. But I had a look and there were some really funny, clever captions. I'm certainly game if any one else is.

Re: Caption thread .....

Everything'sRosie
I shall have a look at the old caption thread. I think it pre-dates me too. We used to have a Saturday Screen Caps thread which had a weekly theme and was ongoing when I joined the site.

Re: Caption thread .....

Mikey
Its just waiting for someone to post a new image

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/New-Caption-Comp-thread-tp4106300p4149025.html

Re: Caption thread .....

Doc
I'll start one off!

Simes has just finished telling his great new joke abut the tv producer who thought his ideas would make the show so much better.
Still living in 1979

Re: Caption thread .....

Caracalla
Headline: Top half of Simon Bates carried off by crazed mob "as trophy"

Re: Caption thread .....

Caracalla
Or

Trillionaire Bates screams,
"I'm too important to applaud. Clap! Clap! You minions"

Re: Caption thread .....

"Don't forget, I need your Geography assignment in by Monday."

Re: Caption thread .....

Sue : "This week, an audience member. Next week, Michael Hurll wants me on Camera 2. I'm outta here!"

Re: Caption thread .....

Predates me too! Looks like good fun.

Simon Bates: "What you don't realise is I'm actually a ventriloquist dummy and the young lady stood behind is working me."

Sue (clapping frantically): "Brilliant, I'll get Lulu one of those for Christmas! I wonder if the wig and glasses are extra?"

{Sorry Simon, love you really, and I know it's not a wig}
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: Caption thread .....

Doc
Simes has just offered to buy everyone a drink in the BBC bar after the show.
Still living in 1979

Re: Caption thread .....

Doc wrote
Simon Bates: ".... and sadly, this is my last Top Of The Pops"

Re: Caption thread .....

Caracalla
(Girl in white holding Simon Bates' arm speaking)
"Thats a '45 sticking in your ribs Bates, so no false moves. Just keep smiling. Thats it, everybodies friendly..."

Re: Caption thread .....

Good call Sue.  Your correct that it has been an age since I reved up the caption comp thread, so its well overdue another lap or two of the circuit.  Meanwhile, before I present another image, here is my offering for the latest pic from the Doc.

Sue: "That flat cap Michael insisted I wear looks like a beret this way around.

Re: Caption thread .....

Doc
Suefan wrote
Good call Sue.  Your correct that it has been an age since I reved up the caption comp thread, so its well overdue another lap or two of the circuit.  Meanwhile, before I present another image, here is my offering for the latest pic from the Doc.

Sue: "That flat cap Michael insisted I wear looks like a beret this way around.
Oooh Betty, Oops sorry, I meant Susie!
Still living in 1979

Re: Caption thread .....

Residents of Athlone Nursing home would sometimes inadvertently wander on to the TOTP set, being mistaken for DJs and necessitating creation of a sleeper-cell team of nurses and care-aids disguised as dancers and cheerleaders to apprehend them and return them to the semi-secure ward.

Re: Caption thread .....

 Simon. ‘’Don’t laugh! I really did win an award for the most handsome man on Television’’!

Re: Caption thread .....

Caracalla
More worrying photographic proof of the spread of "Blurred Hands" Syndrome.

Re: Caption thread .....

Caracalla
has anyone got a new photo to be captionised?

Re: Caption thread .....

Doc
Suefan's going to put one up soon.
Still living in 1979