Cheerleaders and Zoo 03/12/81: Why Do Fools Fall In Love

Cheerleaders and Zoo 03/12/81: Why Do Fools Fall In Love

Doc
03/12/81
Time for the next instalment of the post that no one takes any notice of. This week Flick returns to a more traditional approach with Zoo. Thanks to Supalu there is even a video.

Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJ2m7kMR0

Julie Harris, better known for being in Tight Fit.

Sharon, a Zoo regular.

Jeannie, 3 appearances in 81. Her name is not credited again until late 1982.

Cheerleaders:
I'm sure this one appears alongside Godley and Cream when they perform Wedding Bells in the studio later this month.

Gold skirt.

Stripy Dress and an Adam and the Ants wannabe.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 03/12/81: Why Do Fools Fall In Love

Gorgeous Daze
Isn't Stripy Dress Carrie 'soft porn' Grant? Though she'd only be 16.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 03/12/81: Why Do Fools Fall In Love

Doc
Very possible! (Although she would have been Caroline 'Carrie' Gray then).

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 03/12/81: Why Do Fools Fall In Love

These are the sort of Zoo visits I prefer.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 03/12/81: Why Do Fools Fall In Love

SuPaLu
Miss Gold Skirt is Erica Lanley and she was more prominent in 'Yellow Pearl'.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 03/12/81: Why Do Fools Fall In Love

JEZ
I dont think the girl in the gold skirt is erica lynley ,I had a lot of clips of erica when she danced with lipstick on channel 4 unforgettable tv series ,and I dont think this is her ,I could be wrong though

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 03/12/81: Why Do Fools Fall In Love

JEZ
Jeannie was credited as a zoo dancer next time in the spring of 1982,where she danced with adam ant to goody 2 shoes ,and at the end of the same show doing forget me nots,I think she only got one more credit at the end of 82 ,where she danced with zoo to ooh la la la lets go dancin.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 03/12/81: Why Do Fools Fall In Love

ミュージック・ファン
Sharon actually famous singer "Haywoode", full name Sidney Haywoode. Nice to see she started with dancing. She worked with Stock, Aitken and Waterman in the late 80s as singer.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 03/12/81: Why Do Fools Fall In Love

VintageVideos
If I'm not mistaken, your name ミュージック・ファン means "Music Fan", so welcome to OFTD, Music Fan! May I ask who the beautiful young lady in your avatar is?

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 03/12/81: Why Do Fools Fall In Love

Doc
No doubt most people will remember her most successful song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aam3tDci8

The girl with the dog looks a bit like Debbie 'Foxy' Fox, I wonder?

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 03/12/81: Why Do Fools Fall In Love

ミュージック・ファン
Hi VintageVideos, yes you are correct about my name. Thank you!
Avatar She is Yū Hayami (早見 優 Hayami Yū), very famous pop singer here in Japan, very beautiful indeed.

Kind regards