Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

Doc
Credited Zoo
Julie
Clive
Beverley
Ruth

This was Ruth's only appearance.

Julie and Clive could be seen dancing to Earth, Wind and Fire - Let's Groove
Beverley and Ruth joined them supporting Haircut 100.

A much improved performance this week from Zoo along with the debut of the excellent Julie Brown.

Unfortunately I only have access to a very low quality version of this show, so it was very difficult to get screen grabs.

Julie

Clive

Supporting Haircut 100. Beverley and Ruth are on the sides, Julie is behind Clive

Cheerleaders

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

Who's That Hurll
Is the picture at the bottom Erica Lanley?

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

It may be an oversight on your part Doc, but it may encourage comments if you post a link to the `Lets Groove` routine. Though not the best quality, here is SuPaLu's YT link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uusoZC1mt40

Typical Zoo i guess, that they debuted using what seemed like a whole gaggle of dancers assisted by cheerleaders, and for this they are only using the two. But what a two they are. I cant say im a huge fan of male dancers, but our friend Clive is certainly athletic and one has to be impressed by his dance moves. But the star of the show is lovely Julie who makes every routine shes in a total joy to watch.

Not all that overkeen on the outfits or the set, but it is way more watchable than the previous weeks convoluted effort.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

Not sure if these two are cheerleaders Doc. I have them down as just audience girls who made it into the studio some four months earlier too.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

Yes, good to see Julie trending again on OFTD.

Clive's costume leaves little to the imagination while owing a lot to The Imagination. No thanks.

Overriding thought is a pity EW&F didn't release this a month earlier.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

The fuzzy quality of the available show makes it quite difficult to see who was doing what, but they dressed up and had blonde hair so that was good enough for me. Plus they were repeat offenders.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

Legsfan
I hope one day we’ll get Zoo at the BBC. Actually I think I saw some DVD on a dodgy site that was Zoo routines.

No chance, they won't even consider a Pan's at the BBC.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

Not sure if these two are cheerleaders Doc. I have them down as just audience girls who made it into the studio some four months earlier too.
Well these pair of minx's had been knocking around since the first show of 1981. One things for sure, they can't dance for toffee judging by their effort to the Racey song. But they make a nice distraction.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

Doc
They must have got a 1981 season pass (as they call it these days).

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

Shame these individual Zoo threads have bitten the dust (or they appear to have). I had no problems passing comments and observations on the Zoo routines, but i can see others maybe didn't share that same enthusiasm. Could be thats why you have ceased with them.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

Doc
Time's the problem at the moment. I'll probably get round to doing some more soon.
PS: Could you create a directory so they can be kept together.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

I will do so once you get one or two more on the go. Lets hope a few folk make some comments.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

Old Grey Whistler
There was some discussion previous about including some Zoo dances in the Misc section. Do you still want me to do that or should I leave them for Doc?

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo 12/11/81: Let's Groove

Please include Zoo in the Misc section OGW. This section is probably more for observations a second time around, whereas the Misc section will garner score ratings that will be collated.
RYAN