Cheerleaders and Zoo: Feb 1982

Doc
4th Feb 1982

Zoo danced to George Benson - Never Give Up On A Good Thing

Eddie get's lucky!

Sharon

Heather

Crowd
Heather lurking.

Cheeky Wink!

Dancing to Shakatak.

Still living in 1979

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo: Feb 1982

Fen 18th 1982:

Crowd:
Looks familiar!

This is someone appears a lot around this time and rarely stops moving! Possibly the first of the 'Camera lovers', those that would regularly get in shot.

Supporting Toni Basil (interlacing's a bit obvious here.)
Still living in 1979

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo: Feb 1982

Doc
Feb 25th 1982:

Zoo danced to The Theme From Hill Street Blues:

Julie Brown and Anita

Mary

Two former TOTP troupe dancers for the price of one

Anita with DLT
Still living in 1979

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo: Feb 1982

Doc, for Feb 18 1982 - the girl in the gold (2nd picture down) is Sally Stairs. That's the earliest picture I've seen of her.
Would it be alright if I borrow that screenshot for her homepage in the TOP Cheerleaders thread?

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo: Feb 1982

Doc
Fine with me.
Still living in 1979

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo: Feb 1982

Who's That Hurll
Ok, thanks. That first picture from 18-2-82 - is it really a certain L--u C--tw--g-t?

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo: Feb 1982

Legs11
Does anyone know the name of the blonde lady in the white jacket and stripy trousers? She was featured a few times as a cheerleader in 82, and managed to shoehorn herself in as many shots as she could.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo: Feb 1982

Who's That Hurll wrote
Ok, thanks. That first picture from 18-2-82 - is it really a certain L--u C--tw--g-t?
No.
Still living in 1979

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo: Feb 1982

Legsfan
In 1983, there is a girl on a bike cycling to Tour De France and she looks like Lulu.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo: Feb 1982

Doc
Anita was the only member of L&C to appear on the show after 1981, both dancing and singing.
Still living in 1979

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo: Feb 1982

Legs11 wrote
Does anyone know the name of the blonde lady in the white jacket and stripy trousers? She was featured a few times as a cheerleader in 82, and managed to shoehorn herself in as many shots as she could.
According to Digital Spy, she was known as Cazz Scattergood at this time.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2151582/top-of-the-pops-1982-bbc4/p291

They know her as LMSO on Digital Spy (Little Miss Show Off). I used to think of her as 'The Screecher'.

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo: Feb 1982

Doc wrote
Hey, isnt that Lulus 'Hands Up' outfit?

Re: Cheerleaders and Zoo: Feb 1982

Doc
The BBC were well known for being thrifty.
Still living in 1979