Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

PreciousBox

I hope everyone has set their recorders for Cherry's performance on "Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four @ 8:00pm ?

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

BeautifulBabs
Yes the Betamax is all set Steve

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

PreciousBox wrote
I hope everyone has set their recorders for Cherry's performance on "Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four @ 8:00pm ?

Steve

Yes. Done that.
I see Frankie Howerd is also on the show, so "Titter ye not" when it's time to get "Down At The Olde Bull And Bush".
The Good Old Days certainly has a better line up than TOTPs has before it.

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

katy
Thanks for the reminder! I cant wait.

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

Willoway
I've been watching it on and off for the last few weeks, it's actually very skilled and solid entertainment, the good old days indeed. I think at the time of its demise in '83 it was listed in the Guinness book of records as the longest running LE programme in the UK or somesuch.

I'm curious as to Cherry's solo appearance, weren't solo performances by Pan's People and other troops very unusual? March 1976 of course was a transitional time in TOTP dance troupes, with the run-down of Pans People and the rehearsals for Ruby Flipper already going on, though presumably this was filmed months before.

In the spirit of the time I'll have my cassette player (I can only aspire to a music centre) ready to do an off-air recording.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

AC/PD
What a fine atmosphere enhanced by the audience dressing up in costumes of the era.
I'd query the date of original broadcast as being 1976 because, going by the Radio Times listings, it seems as if Cherry's sole Good Old Days appearance took place in 1979 on January 18th.
Val Doonican and Hylda Baker were the Star Turns on the 18th March 1976 editions. With Frankie Howerd topping the bill on the 1979 edition it would appear that the BBC have listed an incorrect original broadcast date for tonight's show so it's to be hoped the details are correct and the date's wrong. The other way round and it'll be no Cherry.

No Cherry would not be cool PD !

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

Willoway
Indeed, the BBC have jumbled up the dates, I always thought Wayne Sleep in 1976 seemed a little early, the turn of the eighties was his time in the TV sun. I wonder if Cherry got a promise of a role in his next big project in the green room after the show...
The BBC's TGOD run is clearly jumping wildly in date so the date of the last episode is no guide; guess we won't know till 8pm.

Missed opening credits 1st number a bit excruciating hope she's on soon

Think it's going to be a long wait sadly. Sure Hylda will be great.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

BeautifulBabs
Is the consensus this is 1979 not 1976 ? Need to know as this is torture so far

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

Doc
Well done for taking the torture for us. Now if you can tell us where in the show to fast forward to that would be nice.

I gave up 10 mins ago. I don't think it is.

Send the recording to Guantanamo bay

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

Willoway
I think it's a cruel hoax by the BBC to get a few people to watch it.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

The Genome project has Hylda Baker on in 1976.

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

The date of this edition IS 18th March 1976.
Unfortunately, the BBC website has listed the acts from 18th January 1979 - the one on which Cherry appeared.
Even the Continuity Announcer read out duff information mentioning "Frankie Howerd, Wayne Sleep, Cherry Gillespie..and friends"
Anything else on?

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

I think that put a different episode on, not the one we were expecting. Shame indeed not to see Cherry. i hope we will see it soon.

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

The Rubberband Man
What a mess.
I was looking forward to seeing Cherry. Hope they get the programme order sorted so we get the show we were supposed to see soon.

Re: Cherry on "The Good Old Days" tonight BBC Four 8pm

Willoway
Sadly the TOTP episode the same day (DLT with Tina Charles at No 1) is lost.
...is she really going out with him?
123