Cherry's finest hour

Floid Fan
Cherry doesn't seem to get much recognition on here.
What was your favourite Cherry moment(s) since she joined PP?
Carl

Re: Cherry's finest hour

Suefan
Good point Carl.  How about when she turns on those devils, or does a spot of Soul City walking.  Seeing her with that blunderbuss in the jungle is also a good one but top must be as a senorita getting down down.

Re: Cherry's finest hour

JEZ
cherry was always my favourite in pans people carl but with so many pp performances wiped its a hard one unless you have a really good memory but i like the youre so vain one cos it was one of her first performances and homely girl she also looked vey cute and innocent in the tie a yellow ribbon clip only seen a minute of this though ,during ruby flippers time cherry didnt really stand out for me the same ,think it was cos there was a lot of new blood in the group ,as i think ryan once said mary would have suited rf better in my opinion

Re: Cherry's finest hour

Check out Cherrys weird faces in `Itchycoo park`

Re: Cherry's finest hour

JEZ
think she  is meant to be on magic mushrooms ryan

Re: Cherry's finest hour

Yeah shes overdosed.

Re: Cherry's finest hour

JEZ
yes not her finest hour

Re: Cherry's finest hour

Floid Fan
Funny you should mention 'You're so vain' Jez.  I have seen this. It is a fantastic routine, but Cherry looks a bit strange/plain in this. She hasn't yet transformed into the much more glamorous girl of later years.
I like her really confident performance in 'Morning Glory', giving Sue a run for her money as the leader of the 'new' RF troupe.
Some good choices there Suefan. I am now planning to look up some of  these routines as well as the infamous 'Itchycoo Park'.
Carl

Re: Cherry's finest hour

JEZ
youre so vain was the first time apparantley when flick took her choreography in a different direction this was the start of what people refer to as literall choreography when she would get the dancers to sign the words to the songs literally ,choreography in my opinion worked very well like this

Re: Cherry's finest hour

JEZ
itchycoo park routine took a while to grow on me carl

Re: Cherry's finest hour

Floid Fan
Just watched it.  Erm, well it's different. Cherry has big eyes anyway but she excelled herself with the manic looks in this one.
I think I am now starting to realise who's who in Pan's People of this period.
I wonder if despite Cherry's eye choreography, Ryan liked the song 'Itchycoo Park' being a mod and all that. Don't mods love 'The Small Faces'?
Carl

Re: Cherry's finest hour

JEZ
i dont know why ruth once said by bringing in new people to pans people it didnt work ,i thought they blended in nicely i suppose cos the original girls had been together for so long eveyone had their favourite and its like a band member when one leaves and a replacement is put in people dont always like the idea of someone else coming in to replace them ,and with 2 of the main girls leavig more or less the same time babs and dee dee it was a big change for the publc

Re: Cherry's finest hour

PattiforPM
I'm with you Jez I think.  I really am not that keen on early Pans People except Louise who was the sexiest by a mile for me until Cherry and Sue appeared.  For me the best dances by far came in that late Pans era and Cherry was great in "Do You Wanna Dance" but I share the love of "Homely Girl" and the classic "Down Down" expressed by others.  I've never seen a more classic English rose and those long tresses are awesome but that Baby Doll in "Homely Girl" somehow doesn't make me think so much of an English Garden as somewhere else in the Stately Home!!

Re: Cherry's finest hour

Patti'sdaughter
I think Cherry's finest hour would have been when Babs, Dee Dee, Louise and Ruth unwrap her from the christmas present addressed to them from Tony Blackburn.  Then they danced to Nilsson's - Without You.
amy x

Re: Cherry's finest hour

JEZ
i often wonder why andrea never has took part in any reunions or she is rarely mentioned in pans people interviews after all she was with the group on totp from 1968 until late 72 and a founder member from 1966

Re: Cherry's finest hour

Kace
andi moved 2 aussie dee dee said
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: Cherry's finest hour

Hi P4pm, I quite like the really early Pans when Flick and Andi were there.  In the middle phase Louise and Cherry steal the show for me, although at times I find Cherry could be too cute.  After chasing her through that Stately Home of yours I'd almost be afraid of breaking her, whereas with Louise you'd be lucky to get out alive !

Re: Cherry's finest hour

Floid Fan
Poor Cherry is languishing way behind on 70 posts.
Carl
LNV

Re: Cherry's finest hour

LNV
Surely the fact that this thread is about Cherry only, prove the point that it is quality of performances given that is of importance rather than the quantity of routines, which matters?

Re: Cherry's finest hour

I for one love `The flared nostriled one` that is Cherry.