Comments are now restricted to registered users.

Comments are now restricted to registered users.

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Up till now, anyone who wanted to comment on blog postings was able to. I'm afraid I've had to change this: anyone who wants to is still free to post, but they'll have to register.
If you've seen the spat between Ryan and an anonymous poster on the comments for "Same Old Scene" then you'll probably lnow why.

Here's the comment I posted there to explain why I felt I had to do this:

"Hello Ryan and Anonymous. I'm afraid I've decided to restrict comments to registered users.
I'm sorry to have to do this. I want to make this blog open and welcoming to outsiders. But how will any newbies feel when they see all this squabbling?
"Anonymous: I understand how tempting it is to tease Ryan: he's so easy to tease. But you're abusing the comment system, and you're getting to be a bore.
"Ryan: must you respond to every transparent attempt to wind you up? You must have realised by know that it only encourages them.
"This is the mildest restriction I can impose: I don't want to throw anyone off: I hope Anonymous wants to register and continue commenting. But it can't go on like this."

I'm really sad that I had to do this, but I don't fell I have any choice.

Sorry folks

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: Comments are now restricted to registered users.

Suefan
Well done YMG, a very sensible move on your part.

Re: Comments are now restricted to registered users.

Yeah thanks to all for letting me deal with the anon guy alone. At least i tried my best to defend Sue against this nasty attack. Sorry for any offence caused.

Re: Comments are now restricted to registered users.

Suefan
Ryan, as you know I've never posted any comments on that part of the blog, as for some reason my computer will not show the verification marks.  Perhaps just as well as, given the vindictive nature of Anon's comments, my replies would probably not have made for nice reading.  I'm all for friendly rivalry and banter, but the important word there is friendly.

And just so nobody is under any illusion one's anonymity on the net is not quite as foolproof as you might have been led to believe.

Re: Comments are now restricted to registered users.

cheers Suefan, that dude has done me right in tonight, damn cheek of him, i hope he never shows up again.

Re: Comments are now restricted to registered users.

PattiforPM
Sorry for the lack of support Ryan.  Let's just say that you have my moral support.  You can't tell me that any red blooded male can fail to love Sue and she was absolutely red hot in the Roxy Music clip.  Don't get me wrong it's Patti who still owns my heart but I just can't let someone get away with failing to recognize Sue's many talents.  I just no longer have the appetite for these pitched battles with the atrocities they encourage from me.

Re: Comments are now restricted to registered users.

HI p4pm, thanks for your words. I appreciate the support. I suppose it was only a matter of time before a bad guy tried to infiltrate our happy band.

Re: Comments are now restricted to registered users.

JEZ
yes i agree with p4pm but i dont very often go on the comments bit ryan didnt know you were on there mate until later on when ymg posted his message so thats why i wasnt able to give any support sorry

Re: Comments are now restricted to registered users.

Dave
   Dont let anon get to you......they are not worth the time of day !   Dave/

Re: Comments are now restricted to registered users.

Dave
    Hi Ryan .just thought I would add my apologies for not being on line when it all seemed to be going off last night . Its such a shame that once again a mindless idiot is trying to demean this forum with inane comments and is datermined to turn it into a stupid.unintelligent bitchfest . Suefan amongst others has got it down to a T when he points out the words FRIENDLY rivalry......even Pattiforpm, Jez and Hazeel have shown you their support though their choice or favourites differs from ours.  I dont sense any acrimony or venom over our differences and we all seem to have no problems over respecting peoples choices and opinions.  I applaud  YMG for his decision.......besides why should he permit someone to destroy all that he has done for this blog .....time.effort and all the imput that has gone to make this a worthwhile site for genuinely interested fans to communicate,.........he is right too mate  about rising to their truely sad baiting.....dont give them the satisfaction of responding......they are not worth the effort let alone using finger strenght to reply !  Hang on in there I supportyou all the way !     Dave.

Re: Comments are now restricted to registered users.

Thankyou Dave and Jez, your words are appreciated by me. Our girl came under a heavy and unwarranted attack last night. I tried to defend her like i know yourself and Suefan would have done. I think i could also rely on some of our other friends on here also. Friends, i think there are dark forces at work on this blog of late, you must remain vigilant and steadfast, an attack could come at any moment.  We can defeat the enemy, stay strong.

Re: Comments are now restricted to registered users.

  Dave
    May the Force be with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        Dave,

Re: Comments are now restricted to registered users.

Floid Fan
Hey Ryan,
sorry to hear someone's been hassling/stalking you on these boards. They are clearly abusing the system and so it is good that YMG has introduced this new rule about being registered, so hopefully all this nonsense will stop now. We've got to admire your unceasing devotion to Sue, and I know you're always happy to support Ruby Flipper too, which I value.
I hope you have a stress free time from now on.
Carl

Re: Comments are now restricted to registered users.

Cheers my flippered friend Carl. I hope now to get back to the important business of focussing my mind on our lovely dancing girls. Hey notice the labels on the home page, the two other RF girls are approaching the 200 mark.
RYAN