D is for Dee Dee

Re: D is for Dee Dee

Mikey
Thanks to Dee Dee for these 2 pics (taken from her Youtube vid)

Re: D is for Dee Dee

Willoway
This looks like Dee Dee is weaaring the gear from around the time the Beat Girls went to the Venice Film festival in September '66. Would be great to think there was a whole bunch of these photos from that time.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: D is for Dee Dee

Mikey
Could be, there is a photo of Babs in the book (yes that again) in the same outfit which references Venice in the description. Those zig zag skirts were around quite a bit longer of course at least until 1968, you would have thought they would be ditching anything beat girls once Pans started.

Re: D is for Dee Dee

Willoway
Mikey, assuming I understand your post correctly, did PP ever appear in the diagonal skirts? Other than the easy to spot '66 BG photos mistakenly in the pictures/pp-pre-74 subsection, the only possible I can think of is the one of leaping Flick for the Munich short film festival in '67, though I'm guessing that was done in early '66 when I think the programme entered in this festival was made, so safely in the BG era.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: D is for Dee Dee

Mikey
Yep, here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUq9kkmO6Kc

Re: D is for Dee Dee

Willoway
 Thanks Mikey, not seen that one before, and they make an appearance on the Dave Dee vid too in '67. If they inherited the skirts from their previous roles, they somewhere acquired one for Felicity Balfour too (or whoever it was in the video)
...is she really going out with him?

Re: D is for Dee Dee

Doc
Dee Dee in The Wonder of Woolworth late 70's

Sandy Borne Appreciation Society

Re: D is for Dee Dee

Mikey
Jean Ferrat en Peter Sarstedt Show 24-5-69

Re: D is for Dee Dee

Dee Dee with her own Pans People (inc Anita) 28-08-80

Dee Dee talking about about her new studio in 1983, with Beautiful Babs (the original one) on camera duty. Seems to be the same outfit as the pic I posted on 1st October.

Re: D is for Dee Dee

Suefan
Interesting pics.

A pity though that Dina Ross thought "one of the" was spelt "original", while the translation for "the" seems to have produced "her".

Re: D is for Dee Dee

Mikey
You know what they say, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Re: D is for Dee Dee

Mikey
28-10-74 Daily Mirror photoshoot