DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- [December]

DANCE,DANCE,DANCE Dance number 75 by Legs & Co
Performed by Chic and reaching number 6 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date 08/12/77 Duration of dance --  2.16 mins
Dancers --  Gill, Lulu, Patti, Pauline, Rosie, Sue

Pauline 71            Gill 68
Lulu 70                Patti 68
Rosie 69              Sue 68
Something to look out for--Uncharacteristically PH loses it for a second at 1.41 minutes.
A link to the dance http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24sf3j_legs-co-dance-dance-dance-yowsah-yowsah-yowsah-totp-tx-08-12-1977_creation

Blog-http://www.oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=1178

Well this is one i could watch over and over again. Chic`s music was just made for Legs & Co and they always made a good job dancing to their tracks. Their are so many scenes in this i like. It starts of with the six boa-tails all swishing about and then each of the girls turn round separately. We then get to see their lovely faces and bodies in those spangly two piece costumes, just great isn't it !
    The part with Rosie and Pauline facing each other bobbing up and down is one scene i like. Being a fan of Sue i do also love her solo segment, i know i big her up sometimes, but for me she was certainly going through a good period of time at the end of 77, very much the stand out dancer.
   But quite frankly there's just so much on show here that i like, fantastic clear shots of all the dancers faces, probably the highlight. I have no hesitation in awarding this ultra sexy dance 10 out of 10, well done Legs & Co.

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

Andeebee
Actually Ryan I watched it 5 times in a row, just to savor the sultry Vegas style girls...a deserved 10 for me

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

Suefan
Bright and fun.  Make that a ten from me.

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

Sue in this looks heavenly, doesn't she Ryan??

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

Yes she certainly does, well they all do. I just thought at this time Sue stood out from the rest in her dancing.

 Ive never been shy to voice an opinion on my observations, and what im about to say will no doubt shock a few of you. I wont name the dancer, but towards the end of 77 ive noticed one of them to be a little overweight. I wonder if any of you out there has noticed. Just to say the dancer in question did get back to her ideal figure in 78, sorry, maybe i shouldnt make my observations so public.

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

Andeebee
I can guess but won't say and yes a wee bit, not alot thou....

I champion Sue everytime, Lulu's perm is a bit of a fright at the mo......

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

Yes but i guess Lulu took quite a brave step with her hair. Moving away from the reliable and trustworthy cutey pie look to embark on the permed look. I think at the moment her hair is still in a transitional period, but she still looks good.

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

You can tell that christmas '77 is fast approaching, the dancer's costumes are looking rather festive, & what's more each girl's wearing different colours. The dancing itself is what you'd expect for a real party anthem like Dance, Dance, Dance, with heaps of twirling, hip-thrusts, arm waving, & even some other bits jiggling about. The set could've been an inspiration for the design of the 'drognas' used as a space currency in the saturday morning childrens programme  The Adventure Game.
Another one of the greatest Legs & Co. dance routines ever.

Stu

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

Stu
I absolutely love this, definitely in the pile that can be played over and over again. However I told myself I wouldn't give out full marks 'willy nilly', but to give an imperfect score would be to suggest imperfections, and there really aren't any, so...

10/10

Stuey

P.S I really liked Lulu's new 'do'.

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

PattiForPM
Think I'm going through a Grinch stage sorry.  I find this dance full of potential but not quite achieving the pinnacle of achievement.  However I must give Pauline praise in this: she looks absolutely drop dead gorgeous and that interplay with Rosie is just great.  The costumes are certainly revealing and very attractive too.  There is a small Patti slip-up but I'm not petty enough to let this spoil a good dance.  It's just something about the combination of music and dance which doesn't quite gel for me.  I'm settling for 8/10 with some niggling guilt.

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

Hey, sorry for pointing out the small slip up by PH, but because she makes so few, i thought it worth a mention. Could be me thats petty for doing so

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

PattiForPM
No I think the little slips do warrant mention sometimes Ryan.  I was just hunting for reasons to explain why this good Dance tune with lovely ladies dressed alluringly isn't among my favorites and I'm not sure I can explain it really

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

bucksby
I have to also agree that Sue is the stand out performer here. A great routine to a superb track. 9 out of 10 for me.
LNV

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

LNV
A colourful display in both costumes worn by Legs & Co and the stage setting. The Legs Ladies are back to being sexy showgirls for this dance. I guess that is why it will favour highly with many in the markings given. Energetic performances by all. Though Patti looks unusually muted here and not gelling as well with the rest of the Girls in the Troupe, to my admittedly untrained eye. I don’t know the background story to the setting up of this dance number but I get an inkling that Patti may have been the last available to rehearse this dance, in some way?
     Pauline does look to be enjoying performing in the Troupe more, her smile to camera conveys confidence and warmth as I forgot to mention when reviewing ‘How Deep is Your Love.’ Possibly Pauline by now has gained more confidence after being involved in a good number of Routines and is able to be more relaxed in front of the camera.
     Sue is faultless in her performance but that is by now old news familiar to many. Sue is a sparkling presence, well they all are apart as said Patti, who once in awhile seems unusually reserved in a Routine; she is a puzzle to me.  Must mention liking Sue’s colour of costume ‘passionate pink’ I call that hue.
     Not overly fond of Lulu’s hair-style in this. Anyway Lulu is too sparkly lovely for that to be a major concern for me…yet I have mentioned it so it has detracted ever so slightly from her awe-inspiring appeal that she can offer us.
     Rosie is just herself here that is showing her dedicated professional attitude to getting the job done well and looking as good as can be, which she does. With this mindset is it no wonder Rosie did not miss many outings with the Troupe. [Plus from the recent radio interview she gave, I guess not missing a pay-cheque was of some importance to her, too.]

Appropriate song to dance to, with a brisk rhythm, which the dancers are able to keep up with, but spoiled for me slightly by the use of the gimmicky “Yowsa.” Uttered in an irritating nasal pitch as if someone’s got a clothes peg on their nose.

9/10.
LNV

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

LNV
Just occurred to me. How odd is that “Storm Trooper” outstretched arm gesture around the 1 minute mark in the Routine. Anyone else noticed that? I am more forgiving about Lulu’s crow’s-nest of a hairdo, she is still a cracking looking bird. Yowsa indeed!

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

Suefan
To my eye the outstretched arm is merely a repetition of the 'Tango' motion, although without it being signposted in the lyric at that moment.
Suefan
LNV

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

LNV
The theme of the Routine is Dance so the inclusion of a Tango like arm motion is more than likely what that was all about, is a surprise to me when it happens though. Suppose it’s from me days of youth in the 1970’s when ‘The World at War’ documentary made a powerful lasting impression on our young minds from that time.

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

VintageVideos
It's easy to see why this seems to be everyone's favourite, bright, sparkling, lively, yes it's got it all. And yet I feel there is something missing which I just can't seem to define. Somehow I am reluctant to put this dance in the same category as tenners like Suspicion or Maid in Heaven.
As it is a very enjoyable performance, I will rate it 9 out of 10. Yes, that feels just right.

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

Lookmacinanger
Seeing routines like this in all their original glory just go to show us why we all gather here to pay homage to Legs and Co. 10/10

Re: DANCE,DANCE,DANCE -- 1977

Adorable Gillusion
Another wonderful routine...9/10
123