DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Hanway2

  On the Saturday 25th May and Sunday 26th May I am proposing that we shall have a weekend challenge. This will be for pictures of Dancers that did not appear on Top Of The Pops.
  The pictures should be for any dancers who appeared on television from 1960 up to 2000. It can be for both male and female dancers, and either of the subject singly or in a group with their companions from that troupe. Naturally, given the base of the Forum, it is expected that most of the pictures will be from British Television, but the challenge is open for dancers worldwide, from any country or Television Network. Please name the dancer or group, if known. The only exception to the non-Top Of The Pops condition will be for The Gojos, as only one piece is known to exist of them on the show, and their faces were covered by hoods, making them difficult to identify. I hope that this will be of interest to the Forum.
  The postings should begin early on Saturday Morning, and continue up to Midnight on Sunday. You may post as many pictures as you like of each person or group. But no doubles, and if you have posted you must wait until after someone else has posted, to do so again. Unless there has been no uploads for half an hour on the thread, to account for quiet times and during the night.
  This is the first time I have tried something like this, having been given the idea from previous weekend challenges by others. I hope it is successful. There are no prizes for the best collection of pictures, only the satisfaction that we will all have seen some of your favourites.
  In a picture of a team of dancers, it may be difficult to know if one member did not also appear in Zoo, for example. I think it is possible to allow such uncertainties.
  I WILL OPEN THE CHALLENGE SOON AFTER MIDNIGHT ON SATURDAY 25th MAY- IF I AM AWAKE THEN OR FIT ENOUGH TO REMEMBER. IF NOT LATER IN THE MORNING.

  *If the copyright mark is a problem for the second picture I will change it.

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Hanway2

                    The late WEI WEI WONG, of the Young Generation.

                      ( One of my very favourites from the early 70s ).

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

VintageVideos
Penney de Jager (& other unfortunately nameless dancers) on TOPPOP, dancing to Queen's "Somebody To Love"

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Hanway2

                                   BONNIE LANGFORD

      Dancer, Superstar Entertainer and Possessor of the sweetest and biggest smile in the Universe.

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Great idea, Hanway. But...Wei Wei Wong dead! I had no idea. Remember her well as she often used to crop up on 70s TV, and, of course, there was that memorable appearance in The Man With The Golden Gun.

Anyway, on a happier note, here's Donna Fielding dressed, as she so often was, as a schoolgirl.

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Mikey
Penny Fergusson, Beat Girls and early Pans People member, left in 1967 (replaced by Louise)

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Willoway
Linda Lawrence, a sometime Beat Girl, and long stints in Young  Generation and Second Generation

And every night we'll have a dance
Cause what's a vacation without romance

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Everything'sRosie
Benny Hill fans (surely that's everyone  ) will fondly remember Sue Upton.

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Michael
This is an interesting challenge, Hanway2! Knowing me, I’ll probably bend the rules a bit here and there 😉 but will *try* to work within the parameters.

My first contribution: Bollywood actress/dancer/singer Asha Parekh, who incidentally is NOT the Asha that Corner Shop sang about...

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Hanway2

         Sadly Wei Wei Wong died in 1999, aged only 51. A tragic loss to all who remember her.

                       ( Thanks to all who have contributed so far ).

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Mikey
Sarah Brightman

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Hanway2

                                        THE YOUNG GENERATION

                       Jumping for joy in, I think, Warren Mews, near the Post Office Tower, London.

                                   ( with Wei Wei Wong fourth from left ).

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Willoway wrote
Linda Lawrence, a sometime Beat Girl, and long stints in Young  Generation and Second Generation
Linda features heavily in this clp, bit cheesy though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuvHl3s7vn8

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Karen Strandley, alias the "tales Of The Unexpected" dancer.

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Ann Chapman, original Beat Girl and later Young Generation

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Hanway2

                                     Another of SARAH BRIGHTMAN.

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Everything'sRosie
Another of the Hill's Angels, Louise English. I met Louise many years ago. Lovely lady.

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Hanway2

                                                 HOT GOSSIP - I think, correct me if I am wrong.

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Willoway
As Sarah Brightman is allowed, I guess there's no problem with Sandy Sargeant - she danced in a lost episode of TOTP in 1968, but better known for Ready Steady Go.

Here she is at the start of her short lived marriage to Ian McClagen of the Small Faces (who did that charming song, Sha La La La Lee, well loved in this group)

And here she is doing a stellar ad-hoc performance to Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ3vErp4BdQ
And every night we'll have a dance
Cause what's a vacation without romance

Re: DANCERS NOT SEEN ON TOP OF THE POPS

Hot Gossip's Dominique Wood, like Sarah Brightman did appear on TOTPs but only on video.