Quantcast

DANCIN` EASY -- [July]

DANCIN` EASY  Dance number 49 by LEGS & Co
Performed by  Danny Williams And reaching number 30 in the UK charts
Original Broadcast date  21/07/77 Duration of dance 2.44 mins
Dancer  - Gill accompanying artist on stage

Pauline 46                       Lulu 45
Rosie 46                          Gill 45
Sue 46                            Patti 41
A link to the dance http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24xgrl_legs-co-dancin-easy-totp-tx-21-07-1977_creation

I will leave the Martini puns to others. Well here we have the lovely Gill and Huggy Bear lookalike Danny Williams. Gills dancing easy in her her `Moody Blue` dress, and but performing what seems to be the same dance as `Got To Give It Up`. Not much i can say about this one, but Gill did okay, so its a 7 from me.

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

PattiForPM
Gill looks lovely and moves with grace and these blue dresses remain some of my favorite items in the Legs wardrobe.  The song OTOH is super-bland and Gill is only visible half the time and the moves are a little recycled so I feel unable to exceed 6/10

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Paperboyplod
Am I the only person who didn't know Dancin' Easythe song that accompanies this dance routine was used in a Martini TV ad. campaign?
Anyways, down to the business, a solo dance routine for Gillian, insomuch as she's the only dancer on stage, wearing her blue dress for the third time on TOTPs, but Danny Williams is actually performing Dancin' Easy on stage with Gillian gently sachaying around him in circles, I think this works quite well, what wish the 'nice & slow' nature of the song!

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Adorable Gillusion
This post was updated on .
Gill looks gorgeous and tries her best to liven up a dull song, but only 5/10 for me.

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Suefan
Yes more Gill, less Danny, would have been my directions to the cameraman.

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Old Bill
Pretty dreary is the word. I think it sounded better after the advertising people got their hands on it.

Gill does a grand job, but there's not much she can do. She's stuck in the background and it's Danny's gig.

I'm neither shaken nor stirred by this one, 4/10.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Andeebee
sadly - i don't like this 2/10

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Old Bill
Andee - we agree on something!! ;-)
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Andeebee
indeed OB - i just don't like the thing at all - Gill is lovely thou

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Old Bill
Of that there is no doubt - she did nothing wrong here at all!
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

VintageVideos
Do I really have to rate this? Oh well, the song is so so, the singer, err, ... let's talk about Gill then: lovely, just lovely! But we don't see enough of her. Instead this guy always seems to get in the way.
Although I've recently discovered my soft spot for Gill, there just isn't much to rate here, sorry just 6 /10 from me.

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Who's That Hurll
'Dancin' Easy' gives another airing to the 'Moody Blue' dress and is one for the Gill fans. 6/10
WTH

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Gorgeous Daze
This song is so redolent of seventies' faux sophistication I almost want to start my own business building conservatories, join a country club, and aspire to own a yacht by the end of the decade. But anyhow, lovely Gill.  Dancin' easy on the eye. Let's be honest, she's there purely for decoration. The 'Dancin'' purely an excuse for a Leg I'd say! It's not the kind of song where she can really advertise her skills, and she's further hindered with her hands tied to dress swishing. She looks stunning in it though and does pretty much as well as she can with this limited opportunity. So it's no reflection on her that I'm giving  5/10  for her efforts adorning a performance of outdated schmaltz.

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Old Grey Whistler
Hmmm. Desperately trying to think of something positive to say about this. Gill looks great and does as well as she can, maybe she could have done with a colleague with her, just to improve the overall effect.  I have to say that the song does nothing for me, and we spend too long focusing on the singer rather than the dancer for my liking. Also certain members of the audience really irritate me, as they seem more interested in what is happening behind them than in front of them, which I think is quite disrespectful to the performers. I think 5 out of 10 is as high as I can go, but no criticism at all of Gill.

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Didn't score this earlier and am very much in agreement but I'll add an extra half point as I do like those Moody B dresses so give it a 6.5.

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

sueforever
We just have Gill dancing behind the artist, nice performance by her. So the score will be 6.5 out of 10.
Stu

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Stu
Well done Gill, looking sexy as ever.  I've seen that frock somewhere else before though.

7/10

Stuey

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Colm
As a positive, this routine must have enhanced Gill's confidence in performing. She was the right one for this routine.

Score: 6.5

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Angie
Despite our Gill giving a sterling performance as usual not over keen on the tune......sorry!

Re: DANCIN` EASY -- 1977

Lookmacinanger
Gill makes a fine effort moving along to Dancin’ Easy with Danny Williams. Hopefully copious amounts of Martini had been consumed beforehand so no one can remember quite why they asked her to do this the following day. 6/10