DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night) -- [December]

DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night) -- [December]

DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night) Dance number 15 by Legs & Co
Performed by The Four Seasons and reaching No 1 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date 26/12/76 -- Duration of dance 3.05 mins
Dancers -- Gill,Lulu,Pauline,Rosie,Sue.
The Legs & Co attendence register so far after 15 dances ---

Gill       15                Lulu     15               Pauline 15
Rosie    15                Sue      15              Patti     13
A link to the dance--http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25eix0_legs-co-december-1963-oh-what-a-night-version-2-totp-tx-26-12-1976_creation

As ive eluded to previously i quite enjoy these dances when the girls are on a raised level above the audience and this is no exception. I can never work out if the audience here are sitting or standing ? Im not to keen on old Jim and Tones pervy intro, slightly demeaning to Legs & Co ive always thought. A bit of a shame Patti couldn't make this one, if she had i would have given this one an extra point. So in my watchable ratings it gets a 8 out of ten.

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

PattiforPM
The ladies look utterly fit in this number and we get a great view on their platforms too.  I like the dancing and the song  and the only missing factor is the temporarily ailing Patti who would have enhanced this routine in no small measure as usual.  I always regretted not being able to see the Pans People version to compare with this one but all in all I really like this and will award a hearty 8/10

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Lookmacinanger
December 76, Oh what a night more like. As Frankie and the four seasons say 'hypnotising and mesmerising me'. A terrific track to see out 1976 such a shame Patti wasn't involved in this glorious performance. The girls look devine and the routine is kept simple as the podium effect works it's magic again. 9/10

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Well at least the audience are a bit more animated in this routine, with some strange hand-movements.
Legs & Co. look very elegant in this routine, much more in keeping with the Christmas spirit, than the earlier Let Em In routine on this Boxing Day '76 TOTPs, I especially like the way they're raised on podia, making it clear that it's they who are the stars of the show, with the audience, quite rightly, down below them!

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

bucksby
Nice outfits and a solid routine to a great song. 8 out of 10

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Suefan
Now this is how to incorporate those low camera angles.  A simple but very sexy routine from five wonderful Christmas fairies (if that is what those costumes are meant to be).

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Norvik_1602
8/10

I think this routine perfectly captures how Legs & Co were sexy and elegant, never, ever tacky.

Tony Blackburn & Sir Jimmy's intro seems more hammy than pervy to me

Gill looks sensationally good here, she does hip/bum wiggling SEXPOT magnificently well.

Sue looks painfully thin & Lulu could do with a few extra pounds but then she was very young, wasn't she?

Good song, and just goes to show how "acceptable sexy" for general audiences has altered since Christmas 1976.

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

74benja81
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Andeebee
all the girls in this routine look a million dollars . A deserved 9 (would of been a 10 but the song is crap)

It's Christmas so I say lets go all the way and dish up a 10.

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Andeebee
ha ok - feeling generous make it a 10 then Ryan......just cos of the girls...

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Yes those two maximums have shot this fine dance up into the number four position.

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Andeebee
and well deserved as well.............I only saw this one again last night (I can forgive the dire song) but the dancer podiums are  a nice touch.....sexy gyrating and such... a Christmas Cracker

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Adorable Gillusion
This post was updated on .
Another great routine to a great song. Love the girls on the podiums high above the audience. Very sexy outfits too, Gill once again blows the other girls away with her stunning body ...Gill at her beautiful best :)  8.5/10 from me.
Just realised I've already scored this previously, deserves more than the 7 I gave it though.

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Old Bill
Ooh yes  - real Christmas cracker indeed. Hard to disagree with any of the above comments, except that Sue and Lulu look a bit thin. To me they look like young toned athletes, which is pretty much what they are.

Very elegant, very sexy and very fun. I'm sure Lulu know's I'm looking back at her when she catches the camera - those little looks and smiles are tailor made for me!
All the girls look super duper, and without wishing to sound like an old perv it's when they're in such skimpy outfits you are reminded of what great shape they're in - and I really mean that seriously. I can helpfully letch at them whe they're dressed in the silliest most covering outfits.

TB and JS for me are being silly faux-lechy buffoons, bored and full of Christmas spirit in a TVC broomcupboard somewhere hence the silly gurning.

I like a bit crowd participation too, i suspect its half-hearted nature is due to the young lads there wishing they were facing out not in!

The podiums (podia?) work well, but i like to a bit of group formation too rather than just 5 - abeit very together - dances. A small point but that is worth 1/2 a point off. And as no dance without Patti for me could be a perfect 10 this is down to an 8.5 / 10. But any Thursday night with the Legs is Oh What a Night!
Jeremiah 31:13
Stu

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Stu
I've always found this song a bit repetitive, and the kind of song that was over played at those terrible function bar family type do's you had to go to. Anyhoo I'll not let it cloud my judgement, good effort from the girls.

7/10

Stuey

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Andeebee
well - i'll slap at 9.5 on this

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Ahh December 1963, not sure I can write anything sensible while watching it. Probably not. To cut it short, 9/10 and now back to watching...

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

Doc
A couple of slight criticisms are that it would have been better had the girls platforms been closer together and why was Rosie was bannished to the back! Still it's a great song, an excellent dance and the girls look awesome. A 10 all the way for me!
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: DECEMBER `63 (oh what a night)

I think the platforms may have supposed to have been closer together, of course there would have been 6 platforms had Patti been present.