DLT - `A Bit of a Star’ pictures.

Heres something that may be of interest. Dave Lee Travis, remember him. The guy who got done up like a kipper by the British judiciary for those wandering hands of his. Well over on the website Flashbak, a set of pictures from a book published by Travis from 1986 have been posted. It features a whole host of females from 86. He asked them what they didn't like about themselves or their life and took a photograph illustrating their phobia. It also shows some excellent and rare pictures of the Radio 1 DJs towards the bottom of the thread.

Whats also very relevant if you read the words of the chap who made the solitary Amazon review and also the comments at the foot of it by members of that site, is that they look upon DLT with the same sense of disgust as JS. I thought it was generally regarded (im sure it is to members here) that Travis had a bit of a raw deal and in no way can be labelled in the same ilk as JS. Anyhow, the pictures are well worth a look. Click the link below.

https://flashbak.com/a-bit-of-a-star-an-execrable-book-of-photos-by-dave-lee-travis-415286/

Re: DLT - `A Bit of a Star’ pictures.

VintageVideos
Thanks for the link. Some interesting pictures there, especially the early ones. Innocent times!
Respect the seven second delay we use

Re: DLT - `A Bit of a Star’ pictures.

I'm no expert on either photography or art but I thought the pictures were interesting and quite well thought out.
As for the comments, I don't agree with them at all but unfortunately they are fairly typical of what a lot of people do think. Unfortunately for DLT he was arrested as part of Yewtree so will be forever associated with Jimmy Savile. Had he been arrested in 1995 when the incident occurred, he wouldn't be so tainted now and his misdemeanour would have been largely forgotten. I don't condone what he did but he paid too high a price for it in my opinion.

Re: DLT - `A Bit of a Star’ pictures.

Mikey
Seems like a bit of harmless fun to me.

Cherry also appeared in the book and at the launch.