DLT bailed again

Locked 173 messages Options

DLT bailed again

Paperboyplod
Dave Lee Travis has been granted bail again, following his arrest last November as a part of Operation Yewtree, he'll now report to police again sometime this march.

That's a shame, it was going so well, it really looked like he'd be back on TOTPs, on BBC Four very soon, this latest news could mean that his TOTPs blackout will be extended for at least another couple of months.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/01/07/dj-dave-lee-travis-bailed_n_2424745.html?utm_hp_ref=uk?ncid=GEP

Re: DLT bailed again

I think it amounts to Legal Malpractice for the Defence not to have presented "Alright Now" as supreme Exculpatory evidence to the Crown in this case, effectively crushing this prosecution under the "Greater Good" statute.

Re: DLT bailed again

Andeebee
none of the big papers have the story yet.....

I'm hoping that his shows still get shown.....if not it's bye bye 'Alright Now' etc (fume)

Re: DLT bailed again

  This is not good news and throws the 78 repeats into chaos some what. I really feel that BBC4 should press ahead with the DLT repeats. Im sure nobody out there will bat an eyelid. The reason i say that is because the its pretty obvious the alleged offences are not that serious and im not sure there's much mileage in it for the gutter press.
  Justin, do you know if DLT`s latest bailing as made the national press ? I no longer buy newspapers.

Re: DLT bailed again

Old Bill
It got a single para in The Sun Ryan (never ones to miss a potential Beeb-kicking) tagged on the end of the Stuart Hall thing.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: DLT bailed again

I've just done a quick google, & on the first page, the only national newspaper from Britain that comes up in the links is the Daily Star, there's a few local papers, the Buxton Advertiser, appears to carry a story, Buxton being DLT's birthplace, but no it hasn't exactly been front-page headlines, & I haven't heard of any complaints about his appearences on The Story Of 1978, what's more, nobody has lost their lives as a direct result of the lack od censorship of DLT on said programme, it really will be ridiculous if the DLT episodes of classic TOTPs aren't re-instated immediately.

Re: DLT bailed again

Cheers guys. Hopefully BBC4 will take heed of the lack of enthusiasm for this story then. I can quite understand them pulling DLT from the TOTPs that was on our screens the night of his arrest, but since that time the story as become unimportant to the gutter press as it has no end product value, i think he can and should be reinstated.

Re: DLT bailed again

Andeebee
doesn't seem to be big news the DLT rebailing

Re: DLT bailed again

AC/PD
I'm already encouraged by the seemingly paltry amount of coverage allocated to the latest 'developments' , which I reckon bode well as far as the repeats are concerned.

Re: DLT bailed again

Andeebee
paranoia has set in...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21108337

Re: DLT bailed again

Yeah you gotta smile, the BBC are pretty incompetent arnt they. Then again, i don't suppose the kids who watched the programme would have a clue who JS was anyway.

Re: DLT bailed again

Andeebee
it's getting silly now, you can't erase 50 years of TV cos it has Savile in it.....but still nothing has been proved yet...

Re: DLT bailed again

I was just thinking the same thing.

Re: DLT bailed again

Doc
As you said the character would have been irrelevant to the kids watching. Unfortunately the BBC are being watched by the press for this sort of slip and it makes an easy front page for the gutter variety.
Still living in 1979

Re: DLT bailed again

Paperboyplod
Another DLT episode skipped, Digiguide indicates that on Feb. 28th the TOTPs episode on BBC Four is one presented by Noel Edmonds, whereas the week before it's David 'The Kid' Jensen's episode, in between, there should be a DLT edition.
March can't come soon enough, let's see DLT's name finally cleared, & his TOTPs episodes returned to the airwaves.

Re: DLT bailed again

So not only are we going to be deprived of Legs dancing to Free`s `All Right Now` the BBC license payers are also going to not be able to see Blondies debut on the show

Re: DLT bailed again

I'm pretty confident that, once cleared, normal service will be resumed as far as the DLT hosted episodes from Spring 1978 onwards will be broadcast on BBC4.
As for those which were dropped from the schedules, I wonder whether it would be too much like hard work for the channel to air them in due course.

Re: DLT bailed again

VintageVideos
Pauline's Dimples wrote
As for those which were dropped from the schedules, I wonder whether it would be too much like hard work for the channel to air them in due course.
I wish. But I don't believe it.
If I only had one love yours would be the one I'd choose

Re: DLT bailed again

Andeebee
I doubt it as well, but at least we will have the Legs dances to savour

Re: DLT bailed again

I just watched `All Right Now` again on the blog. It really is a crime against humanity that this isn't being broadcast on BBC4. Even worse to think it will never see the light of day on TV ever again and we will be stuck with the watery old copy thats doing the rounds.