DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

Andeebee
Don't go breaking my heart, well those folk in the audience did, breathing the same air as several goddess like tigress'.  Shocking thought.

the Dwight/Dee number is toe tapping catchy, and certainly brings a smile to my miserable facade. Not one of the best, but another routine I can't fault, the limelight is stolen by the wonderful girls in this, I even don't mind the arm linking hoedown or showdown towards the camera.

Harmless but infectious dancing and top notch well deserved number 1, another slice of Flipper heaven - shame the credits dull the fun slightly.

Scores on doors - 9/10

DOTD: Sue

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

PattiforPM
Absolutely great to see you on this RF comment Thread HTF and a top score debut too!

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

bucksby
good to see this again, I forgot RF were dancing with the audience with this one. Funny watching this with Elton getting married the other day. Hope David Furnish doesn't break his heart. Anyway I enjoyed the dance, Sue looks a bit like Wonder woman here (a good thing) 8 for the dance. DOTD Sue.

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

Great to see Noel and the audience joining in with the fun.It was such a welcome change from the Elton & Kiki video.The dancing from RF is OK but it's the overall fun vibe that i like most.I like Sue,Cherry & Floid dancing in a circle,and i like it when they are all in a line.10/10
DotD:Floid

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

The Rubberband Man
Ruby Flipper take to the studio floor again for this unchallenging routine, which includes a hokey cokey style line dance at the end. It all seems a bit thrown together last minute, possibly because the producers thought (correctly) another showing of the EJ/KD video would bore viewers to death. So it's simple moves, lots of smiles, and flashy costumes for Ruby Flipper.
It somehow works though.
The record is good, which helps, and the constantly moving camera covers all angles and gives the impression of a faster dance sequence than it probably is. Having the audience in full view and panning across them means there's always something different and new to see.
Noel sets a tone from the start, and with the audience interaction, suggests all everyone wants to do is dance, and to dance in a fun way.

So, I give this 8/10
DOTD is Cherry for having fantastic hair, and for losing it towards the end (the moment being captured by an eager BBC cameraman)

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

PansLegs
Hmmmm... this had potential. A great number 1 record and the same great costumes from the previous performance, what could go wrong? Cue the dreaded audience involvement and surprise surprise the whole thing turns into a mess of a visual. Obscured shots, cameras that don't seem to know exactly where they're going and time wasted on boring audience members. Drat and double drat. Sue, once again seems to stand out from the crowd (ha!) so DotD, but the result is dragged down to a 5.

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

A bit too much of the audience dancing, but I have to say RF do make this much more watchable 8/10.
Dotd: Not being influenced by the clothing here, more the lack of it. I'm choosing Sue.
Still living in 1979

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

Old Bill
Sorry Patti4PM - I'm having to rattle through these as the late shift will be here shortly, and I believe the pubs are open :-) so I haven't got time to properly read all the other comments fully.

This is basically another support role, but this time supporting the audience, so again we see precious little of the Rubes. And when we do they're in darkness, very annoying.

The dancing itself is pretty basic, but fun none-the-less.

Is Cherry almost reduced to giggles in the line-up at the end? And oh - what I'd give to know what Edmonds says to the girl!

Audience dancer of the day is air hostess.

Just a 6.5/10 and DotD is tricky, but I'll go for Sue. But it is already Lulu that is breaking my heart.

Jeremiah 31:13

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

Dancer
I remember this show being aired and being so relieved that we were not having to suffer that video of Elton and Kiki.  In 1976 I hated this song right up until the noughties.  Now I like it for some reason.  Irrespective I seem to remember the on air debates with Johnny Walker saying that they never met when they recorded this video but I have doubts.

The dance itself from Ruby Flipper was good and they just went out their and enjoyed themselves and gave the audience encouragement to join in too.  In this show the audience did not seem a hindrance, in fact one big happy seventies disco.  Loved the outfits of the audience and Noel's interaction with the ladies.  They all liked him.

It is very difficult to judge Ruby Flipper individually on this as they were all good especially the girls.  I will award this dance seven out of ten and the best dancer is awarded to Cherry.

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

Holy crap, did you see Sue? She looks like a super sexy version of Wonder Woman! How on earth am I meant to be objective? By this point, with the transition to RF and some of the troupe being very new, it's clear Sue is head girl and leads the line beautifully with her dance and her personality. I like the song and am right in my 1970s groove with this routine. I think my RF scores might all be on the high side for that reason alone. Cherry looks adorable but Sue is a goddess to behold, so once again Sue for DOTD and 8.75/10.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

Suefan
Treat yourself to another slice CT, for your review you deserves it!

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

CoffeeThing
I already watched it twice SF, any more and I'll just be a big pile of mush. I'm going to need oxygen before 1976 is out!
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

Your enthusiasm compels me to go and watch it again CT. When not watching Sue, i cant help but also notice Noels antics charming the audience girls during the routine.

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

PattiforPM
Thanks from me for joining the RF comments Thread CT, your attention is much appreciated and I see you are quite taken with a certain lady.  Just know that you are not alone by a long long chalk

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

You know what, I noticed Noel doing his best to chat up that lady in a 1970s jacket type of way then was entirely distracted by the minx Sue and her gyrating. I ended up all of a quiver and had to have another coffee!
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

Well she has a lot to answer for, all that wiggling and those looks to camera, goodness me. My coffee consumption is through the roof no less  but I will soldier on bravely and complete the task of watching all the routines with no thought as to my wellbeing

Thank you PfPM for hosting  and the opportunity to join in the fun.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: DON'T GO BREAKING MY HEART

AC/PD
Right from the start, I'm taken by Sue and her 'pizazz'. The initial moves may only be of the hands-on-hips, hip-shaking variety but she's reeled me in. Overall, this performance has a last day, end of series air about it. Why not let the hair down and have a dance of togetherness? Job well done so 'it's a wrap'! Fortunately for us, the Ruby Flipper chorus line isn't tainted by an upwardly scrolling list of end credits ending with a "Top of the Pops will be be back in the Autumn' board. Obviously, the cameraman was so taken by Lulu that he nearly forgot to hit the brakes. Charming and feeling good.
8/10
DOTD: Sue
123