DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- [September]

DOWN DEEP INSIDE Dance/performance number 62 by Legs & Co
Performed by Donna Summer and reaching number 5 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date 15/09/77 Duration of dance -- 2.43 mins
Dancers-- Gill, Lulu, Patti, Pauline, Rosie

Pauline 60                      Rosie 56
Sue 57                             Gill 55
Lulu 57                            Patti 55
A link to the dance-http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24w33p_legs-co-deep-down-inside-theme-from-the-deep-totp-tx-15-09-1977_creation

Well i guess this one is okay, but i do feel it to be a little bland here and there. The sparsity of scenery, the plain costumes are major factors to me in hardly ever playing this one to often. On saying that, each dancer performs admirably and there are a few nice close ups. I find the song drones on a bit too, quite a let down considering this was the follow up to the mighty `I Feel Love`. Its only a 6.50 out of 10 from this correspondent im afraid, i wonder how you guys will evaluate this one ?

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

Paperboyplod
It's a bit of a shame that we'll not be seeing a relatively high-quality broadcastible version of this routine for the foreseeable future, despite one being available, all for the reasons that we all know about, this period of '77 seemed to be a period of a return to less literal routines, Down Deep Inside, is very nice but, just looks like the standard, dancers in dresses on stage with a plain looking set. It's really only the girls themselves who carry off this routine, & they do it rather well!

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

PattiForPM
Well I have to say I love the ladies in these flimsy peach outfits and I think the Dance suits the song very well and in combination with the song is quite a brave one for the 1970s Beeb to allow in a way.  Of course we are once again missing Sue but the gripe I have with this routine is the perhaps understandable blurriness and effects once we hit the, ahem, climax.  I love to be able to see the ladies clearly and their expressions are always such a highlight so I miss this part painfully.  All in all though I do like the performance and must award 8/10

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

bucksby
Can't comment on this as I don't have any sound on my pc. I did watch it when I first joined OFTDs but can't really remember that much about it!

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

No sound on a PC is my idea of hell !!

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

bucksby
mind you Ryan, Barry Manilow's songs sound much better on my pc now

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

Loved Rowan Atkinson`s take on Barry Manilow in Not the 9 oclock news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTBrY_Uterk

Ooh sorry Bucksby, you wont be able to hear it

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

Is it my imagination Bucksby or do you have more PC hiccups than the average bear?

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

Andeebee
or Bucksby is going deaf???

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

Old Bill
An awul song to dance to, but Flick pulls off a nice routine here and a good team performance from the girls.

The outfits are lovely, but Lulu's hair seems to a bit shorter than normal. No nice big lacquered curly flicks today.

I agree with PFPM about seeing the expressions, but you hardly see them at all in this one. I kinda like the ending, the multipe overlays look good, and look a bit like flames to me. But here the star of the show is the vision mixer not the girls.

Just a 6 / 10 for me.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

JEZ
i think this is a great song ,and a brilliant routine ,the clothes and lights compliment the routine nicely ,ill give a 8 out of ten for this one

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

bucksby
sorry I didn't hear you!

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

Adorable Gillusion
Got to agree with Jez and P4pm on this one, love the song and love the routine, girls look lovely. 8/10 from me.
Stu

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

Stu
Not sure what to make of this one. I don't like the song, find it far too weary. The girls are tight in the routine, and it's nice enough without throwing up anything up too original. Not one to get too excited about.

6/10

Stuey

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

Andeebee
really to amber for me - but 6

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

VintageVideos
I'm not too keen on this song and the routine is just ok.  6 /10

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

I like both the song and the dance.There is a dreamy feel to the song and the dancing reflects this.Favourite moments are around 1.37,and the 'confused' camera work and dancing reflecting the swirling violins at about 2.13.The peach dresses are nice as well.
8/10.

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

Doc
Doesn't do enough to get any more than an 8.

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

PaulF
Would like to have seen Sue, but despite this I think the girls do an excellent job to a good routine. Nice to watch 8/10
Paul

Re: DOWN DEEP INSIDE -- 1977

Who's That Hurll
This one has the ladies in peachy outfits, with a belt line that Simon Cowell would approve of.
The hazy orange glow from the crescents above them and the tinkly sounds in the track, give an oriental feel to the routine.
7.5/10.