Dancer on TOTP promo film in the early 70s

Dancer on TOTP promo film in the early 70s

eatb64
Hi I have for years being trying to track down a promo film shown on TOTP in the very early 70s featuring a dancer. Rather helpful I don't the song or the bands name. Well I was very young but the promo made a big impression on me. The film featured a soldier dressed a bit like a Roundhead and he was armed with a sword. It was set in what could be a castle or castle dungeon. The music was progy but the key bit he is approached by a ghostly female dancer. She weaves her spell above him and appears to be in a kind of fire and exotic make up possibly silver ( I only saw it in black and white) the soldier tries to attack her with his sword. The promo finishes with him dead on the floor as the ghostly dancers leaves. Any ideas ? I have wanted to know for years well about 50 years ! It made a huge impression on me and I would love to see it again or at least see a still ! Also want to know the band and the track and most of all the dancer For some reason Sylvia rings a bell so that would mean Focus but I can't find anything like this in any films I have looked at from them. So maybe that's a false lead. I saw it twice on TOTP. I have had a brief look at the 70s posts on here and there is odd photo that is close. Dancers in silver make up but I only remember one dancer

Please help ! I have asked on other forums but drawn a blank. You will solve a nearly 50 year mystery for me !

Please bombard me with suggestions !

Thanks in advance !

Re: Dancer on TOTP promo film in the early 70s

eatb64
Looks like I am drawing a blank again on this one !

Re: Dancer on TOTP promo film in the early 70s

VintageVideos
Hi eatb64. I hope you're not assuming that we are ignoring you. But it seems that noone has a recollection of the said film. It seems to have been one of the rather cheap productions that were made for TOTP, shown once and then forgotten.
I guess you already tried "Lady Eleanor" by Lindisfarne, as that's the only record I could think of that would at least be vaguely connected with the storyline that you described.

Re: Dancer on TOTP promo film in the early 70s

eatb64
Thank you. I have tried that but will try again....

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 9:10 AM VintageVideos [via One for the Dads] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi eatb64. I hope you're not assuming that we are ignoring you. But it seems that noone has a recollection of the said film. It seems to have been one of the rather cheap productions that were made for TOTP, shown once and then forgotten.
I guess you already tried "Lady Eleanor" by Lindisfarne, as that's the only record I could think of that would at least be vaguely connected with the storyline that you described.

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Dancer-on-TOTP-promo-film-in-the-early-70s-tp4159232p4159667.html
To unsubscribe from Dancer on TOTP promo film in the early 70s, click here.
NAML

Re: Dancer on TOTP promo film in the early 70s

Everything'sRosie
Hi eatb64, I'm starting to think Lindisfarne too. The Beeb did do those promo type films to illustrate records for the show, but seeing as no one on here can give a definite answer I'm afraid it sounds very much like the show this was on was a victim of the notorious BBC wipings. However, do not lose all hope. The guys at Kaleidoscope, the archive TV people, are starting to unearth stuff from this period, so you never know...
Queens of My Soul