Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS from 30/05/68 onwards.

Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS from 30/05/68 onwards.

The list below concerns itself with Pans People's debut on TOTPs on 30th May 1968 to the final performance by Legs & Co on October the 21st 1981. Additional information on the dancers can be found on the notes below the list.

DescriptionInformation
Babs date of birth28th November 1945
Babs debut danceU.S. Male -- 30th May 1968  See note 5
Babs final danceFeel Like Makin Love -- 18th September 1975
Babs age on debut dance22 years, 6 months & 2 days
Babs age on final dance29 years, 9 months & 21 days
Babs TOTPs tenure7 years, 3 months & 20 days

Flick date of birth23rd March 1946
Flick debut danceU.S. Male -- 30th May 1968 See note 15
Flick final danceunsure of this, but its in April 1972  See note 1
Flick age on debut dance22 years, 2 months & 8 days
Flick age on final danceAbout 26 years and 1 month approximately
Flick TOTPs tenureAbout 3 years and 10 months approximately

Ruth date of birth13th July 1946
Ruth debut danceU.S. Male -- 30th May 1968 See note 15
Ruth final danceSilver Star -- 29th April 1976
Ruth age on debut dance21 years, 10 months & 18 days
Ruth age on final dance29 years, 9 months & 17 days  See note 2
Ruth TOTPs tenure7 years, 11 months & 0 days   See note 7

Dee Dee date of birth24th September 1946
Dee Dee debut danceU.S. Male -- 30th May 1968  See note 15
Dee Dee final danceRock On Brother -- 30th October 1975
Dee Dee age on debut dance21 years, 8 months & 7 days
Dee Dee age on final dance29 years, 1 months & 7 days
Dee Dee TOTPs tenure7 years, 5 months & 1 days

Andrea date of birth8th August 1947
Andrea debut danceU.S. Male -- 30th May 1968
Andrea final danceunsure of this, but its in November 1972  See note 1
Andrea age on debut dance20 years, 9 months & 23 days
Andrea age on final danceAbout 25 years and 3 months approximately
Andrea TOTPs tenureAbout 4 years and 6 months approximately

Louise date of birth3rd September 1949
Louise debut danceU.S. Male -- 30th May 1968
Louise final danceGhost In My House -- 16th May 1974
Louise age on debut dance18 years, 8 months & 28 days
Louise age on final dance24 years, 8 months & 14 days
Louise TOTPs tenure6 years, 0 months & 11 days

Cherry date of birth7th February 1955
Cherry debut danceWithout You -- 28th December 1972
Cherry final danceThe Best Disco In Town -- 30th September 1976
Cherry age on debut dance17 years, 10 months & 23 days
Cherry age on final dance21 years, 7 months & 24 days
Cherry TOTPs tenure3 years, 9 months & 4 days

Sue date of birth9th September 1955
Sue debut danceSummer Breeze -- 6th June 1974
Sue final danceI'll Find My Way Home -- 17th December 1981
Sue age on debut dance18 years, 8 months & 29 days
Sue age on final dance26 years, 3 months & 9 days
Sue TOTPs tenure7 years, 6 months & 12 days

Mary date of birth5th May 1958
Mary debut danceI Only Have Eyes For You -- 25th September 1975
Mary final danceSilver Star -- 29th April 1976
Mary age on debut dance17 years, 4 months & 21 days
Mary age on final dance17 years, 11 months & 25 days   See note 12 & note 14
Mary TOTPs tenure0 years, 7 months & 5 days

Lee date of birthSeptember 1955   See note 3
Lee debut danceI Only Have Eyes For You -- 25th September 1975
Lee final danceJungle Rock -- 1st April 1976
Lee age on debut dance? ? ?
Lee age on final dance? ? ?
Lee TOTPs tenure0 years, 6 months & 8 days

Patti date of birth29th June 1950
Patti debut danceCan’t Help Falling In Love -- 6th May 1976
Patti final danceFavourite Shirts (Boy Meets Girl) -- 29th October 1981
Patti age on debut dance25 years, 10 months & 8 days   See note 9
Patti age on final dance31 years, 4 months & 1 day   See note 11
Patti TOTPs tenure5 years, 5 months & 24 days

Phil date of birth31st October 1956
Phil debut danceCan’t Help Falling In Love -- 6th May 1976
Phil final dancePlay That Funky Music -- 14th October 1976
Phil age on debut dance19 years, 7 months & 6 days
Phil age on final dance19 years, 11 months & 15 days
Phil TOTPs tenure0 years, 5 months & 9 days

Gavin date of birth? ? ?    See note 3
Gavin debut danceCan’t Help Falling In Love -- 6th May 1976
Gavin final danceHeaven Must Be Missing An Angel -- 15th July 1976
Gavin age on debut dance? ? ?
Gavin age on final dance? ? ?
Gavin TOTPs tenure0 years, 2 months & 10 days   See note 8

Floid date of birth23rd January 1959
Floid debut danceCan’t Help Falling In Love -- 6th May 1976
Floid final danceSummer Nights -- 25th December 1978 See note 13
Floid age on debut dance17 years, 3 months & 14 days
Floid age on final dance19 years, 11 months & 3 days
Floid TOTPs tenure2 years, 7 months & 20 days

Lulu date of birth20th December 1959
Lulu debut danceCan’t Help Falling In Love -- 6th May 1976   See note 10
Lulu final danceFavourite Shirts (Boy Meets Girl) -- 29th October 1981
Lulu age on debut dance16 years, 4 months & 17 days
Lulu age on final dance21 years, 10 months & 10 days
Lulu TOTPs tenure5 years, 5 months & 24 days

Pauline date of birth6th July 1952
Pauline debut danceQueen Of My Soul -- 21st October 1976
Pauline final danceLately -- 19th March 1981
Pauline age on debut dance24 years, 3 months & 16 days
Pauline age on final dance28 years, 8 months & 14 days
Pauline TOTPs tenure4 years, 4 months & 27 days

Gill date of birth18th April 1959
Gill debut danceQueen Of My Soul -- 21st October 1976
Gill final danceWhen You Were Sweet Sixteen -- 29th October 1981
Gill age on debut dance17 years, 6 months & 4 days
Gill age on final dance22 years, 6 months & 12 days
Gill TOTPs tenure5 years, 0 months & 9 days

Rosie date of birth8th April 1960   See note 6
Rosie debut danceQueen Of My Soul -- 21st October 1976
Rosie final dancePlatinum Pop (Version 1) -- 15th October 1981
Rosie age on debut dance16 years, 6 months & 14 days
Rosie age on final dance21 years, 6 months & 11 days
Rosie TOTPs tenure4 years, 11 months & 25 days

Anita date of birth9th February 1958
Anita debut danceAint No Stoppin Us Now -- 28th May 1981
Anita final dance  ? ? ?   See note 4
Anita age on debut dance23 years, 3 months & 20 days
Anita age on final dance? ? ?
Anita TOTPs tenure? ? ?

Note 1--Unsure of both Flick & Andrea's final dance on TOTPs, but we know the month. So the figures for them are approximate and rounded down to the 15th of their departure months.

Note 2--Although we now know Ruth appeared on the Ruby Flipper performance of `Harvest For The World`, im discounting that as she had retired from the show as a dancer a few months earlier.

Note 3--Im unsure of both Lee & Gavin's date of birth, so i can't calculate the details for them with any certainty.

Note 4--Anita appeared with Zoo on at least 4 occasions between 05/11/81 & 25/02/82

Note 5--The first born of our dancers -- Babs, then Flick.

Note 6--The last born of all our dancers -- Rosie, then Lulu.

Note 7--Longest TOTPs tenure of all our dancers -- Ruth, then Sue.

Note 8--Shortest TOTPs tenure of all our dancers -- Gavin, then Phil.

Note 9--Oldest to debut on TOTPs of all our dancers -- Patti, then Pauline.

Note 10--Youngest to debut on TOTPs of all our dancers -- Lulu, then Rosie.

Note 11--Oldest on final TOTPs dance of all our dancers -- Patti, then Babs.

Note 12--Youngest on final TOTPs dance of all our dancers (when they were a regular on the show)-- Mary, then Floid.

Note 13--Of course Floid wasn't a regular TOTPs dancer after his departure from Ruby Flipper, but he kept returning every now and again, i think it best to credit him for those performances.

Note 14--Mary also appeared with Zoo on at least 3 occasions between 14/02/82 & 25/02/82.

Note 15--Note 15--Its now believed that Dee Dee, Flick & Ruth danced on a couple of TOTPs shows during April of 1968.

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

PattiForPM
Nice table Ryan.  I think Anita's last Dance with Zoo was 25/2/1982 in Theme for Hill Street Blues (credit Jez's Zoo Thread).  Oh wow, your HTML is enveloping me too.  Feels good!

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

Really impressive, Ryan. It seems you are never running out of ideas for new lists.

Just a slight niggle:

RYAN wrote

DescriptionInformation
Cherry debut danceWithout You -- 27th December 1972
The date of the show was 28th December, not 27th December 1972.

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

Thanks Vin, i thought it was to good for me to create a list without at least one mistake/typo. Thanks P4PM, yes that may well be Anita's final dance, but i will give it a few days to see if anybody can come up with a later one, which i doubt.

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

What i do find simply astonishing is that Babs, Flick and Ruth were all older on their debut dance than either Cherry, Lulu or Rosie on their final dance on TOTPs.

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

PattiForPM
I think it just reflects the difference between breaking trail and following a relatively well-trodden path (no disrespect at all to the youngsters though)

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

Yeah i guess its a sensitive subject discussing ladies ages. But it throws up all sorts of possibilities. Just imagine if Sue had caught the eye of Flick as a 16 year old and that Legs & Co had a certain longevity that was cruelly cut short. The woman could have racked up a dozen years and over a 1000 appearances. Yes that is pure conjecture i know, but the thought crossed my mind.

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

What i do find simply astonishing is that Babs, Flick and Ruth were all older
Of course all of them had dancing experience, either alone or in other troupes, before Pan's People were founded. I think the idea of founding Pan's People as we know them wouldn't have come from 18 year olds.

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

VintageVideos wrote
RYAN wrote
What i do find simply astonishing is that Babs, Flick and Ruth were all older
Of course all of them had dancing experience, either alone or in other troupes, before Pan's People were founded. I think the idea of founding Pan's People as we know them wouldn't have come from 18 year olds.
Absolutly Vin, yes Babs, Flick et al were dancing/performing at the age of 18, but Pans People were quite a way from being formed. So i guess its wrong to make a comparison in the way i did. Maybe its a Legs & Co fan bemoaning the fact that some of their members were sawn off in their prime.

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

Andeebee
My original birthday dance list has vanished....

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

Willoway
Panspeople.com  have Lee Ward born in Sept 1955, though no clue as to the source.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

Willoway
For the original 6 Pan's People TV dancers you have them all starting with Elvis/US Male. This was the first time they were credited as Pan's People, but three (Dee Dee, Ruth and Flick) appeared at least twice before that. Most sources say the first was on one of the 1910 Fruitgum Company/Simon Says playings, followed by The Box Tops/Cry Like a Baby, however I just spotted this from Dee Dee saying it was Gary Puckett/Young Love (song title misquoted in article) - there are several dates to choose from here.

Pinning down the transition between the GoJos and PP seems *very* elusive.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

Yes Aedred. Babs, Flick & Ruth were indeed most likely to have appeared on the show before the conception of Pans People. Really i should amend the title of this thread (which i now have done). But as a easy starting point, U.S.Male seems to be the logical place to start my calculations, as all six of the original pans were in that performance.

As for Lee Wards D.O.B in your previous post, that would be very useful if true. I have asked people in high places to supply such info but it is almost impossible to find info for Lee.

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

Willoway
Hi Ryan,

Yes, info on Lee seems lacking, I've a soft spot for the late PP, and it's a shame her career as a dancer seemed to end so suddenly, though she seems to have had a fulfilling life since then outside dancing.

Also Mary Corpe - she appeared in Zoo though I don't think the dates have been identified - maybe there can be a 'spot Mary' competition when the TOTP reruns move into late '81 :-)

...is she really going out with him?

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

Yes Aedred i seem to remember a `spot Mary` competition before. I know we identified her in certain Zoo performance and also on this thread that you may find of interest.
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Mary-Corpe-in-The-Apple-YouTube-clips-tp4065964.html

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

PopOfTheTots
Fantastic post Ryan! Stats I never knew about!

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

Mary Corpe's Zoo routines, after collaborative detective work by Jez, Bucksby and myself, are:

14/01/1982 The Four Tops "Don't Walk Away" (also confirmed during Mary's webchat)

21/01/1982 ELO "Ticket to the Moon"

25/02/1982 Mike Post and Larry Carlton "Theme from Hill Street Blues"

Also, Anita's episodes as a member of Zoo are:

05/11/1981 ELO "Twilight"

24/12/1981 Kool and the Gang "Get Down on It"

25/12/1981 The Jacksons "Can You Feel It"/Laurie Anderson "O Superman"

25/02/1982 Mike Post and Larry Carlton "Theme from Hill Street Blues"

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

Doc
Good work, hopefully we'll get to see them on BBC4.

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

Doc
After doing a bit of research we probably won't get to see these ones:
25/12/81 listed as Radio 1 DJ's
14/01/82 DLT
25/02/82 DLT
Shame about the last one as that's Mary and Anita together.

Re: Dancers Birthdates, Debuts, Endings & Tenures on TOTPS.

Yes thanks to Colm and the other Zoologists.  I agree Doc it'll be a real shame not to see Hill St Blues on TV