Dances that should have happened

PattiforPM
Hello everyone.  I've been thinking that there are lots of songs both during their lifespan on TOTP and indeed before and afterwards that Legs & Co could have more than done justice but missed their opportunity.  As an example I would have loved to see the girls interpret "Hot Legs" by Rod Stewart  or "Kiss" by Tom Jones.  So I'd like to hear your ideas for Dances that should have happened and feel free to fill in as much detail as you dare such as outfits or who does solos etc.  Let's just see what a creative bunch we have

Re: Dances that should have happened

Patti'sdaughter
That is a really hard one, which I will have to seriously think about.
amy x

Re: Dances that should have happened

 ROBERT PALMER--ADDICTED TO LOVE.

  Cool idea p4pm, bit spoilt for choice though. First i would get rid of Palmers dopey models and replace them with our girls. Throw in the short black dresses, red lippy and slick back their hair. Pauline can have the drums gig, Gill the keyboards. Patti, Rosie,Lulu and Sue on guitars looking seductivly at the camera. Then i tell Palmer to take a hike and i`d take over his spot.

    ( i`m gonna have to face it i`m addicted L&C)

Re: Dances that should have happened

Patti'sdaughter
That's a really good choice Ryan.
amy x

Re: Dances that should have happened

  hey up, how ya doing, better not clog up pattiforpms thread if ya wanna chat use one of my threads.x

Re: Dances that should have happened

Suefan
ELO's version of The Move's Do Ya, from about 1976.  Great driving high energy beat and brief slower section half way so that any stragglers might catch a breath.  Camera close-ups of a different girl, or perhaps the same girl (now who would that be) with every "Never seen anything like you".

Re: Dances that should have happened

Kace
the dances that should have happened in my opinion is

michael jacksons - dirty diana

sorry but we are very limited with our music the ones we picked we was told that l&c already danced too so we couldnt pick them. will work out the costumes and dance routine and let you guys know. kace x
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Here's one I've been thinking about: Pink's "Get This Party Started"  with the girls really giving it their all in short party frocks around a Mercedes SL sports car.  I want Patti driving the Benz in the appropriate parts of the song too.  Ah yes I can see it now....

Lol.  I wouldn't have my Mum driving the car if I was you.   You know I can't think of one.  All the song's I think of are song's L&C have already done.  Can I keep thinking about it please?
amy x

You take all the time you need Amy.  I'm spending 2nd most time thinking about this thread and it ain't easy.  I spend most time trying to keep up with SueFan's sleep-depriving Quiz thread.  I'm trying to think of a real mind-bender for "real fans of Sue" to present in that thread too and any help would be appreciated.

Re: Dances that should have happened

PattiforPM
Another possibility here is "My Coo Ca Choo" by Alvin Stardust.  The girls need to be dressed in their black latex suits again (as in "Gotta Lotta Bottle" advert).  Bit of a vacuous glam rock song but great rhythm and lyrics to interpret with such classic lines as "Lay Down and Groove on the Mat" (Patti that's still too hot -  Take #259 - ok crew take a break I know you're all exhausted) and "Chains Chains I'm all in Chains"  (Gill you're getting tangled again, let me help you with that)

Re: Dances that should have happened

I realise that playing with one's own thread can lead to sensory failure but I can't help thinking about this one of mine so what about the girls really letting loose to INXS doing "New Sensation" in the form of a catwalk but way raunchier than the calm collected Bee Gees "Too Much Heaven" one, much as I like this classy number.  Would probably have to be similar cossies to "Funkin for Jamaica"   OK another cold shower

This has got to be some kind of record: four unanswered posts!  Anyway I just can't help myself.  What about Legs & Co turning "Relax" by FGTH into a heterosexual anthem.  Now to achieve this with these girls is not too hard but we can't go the obvious route with bondage gear (sorry guys, family site and classy ladies) so we have to allow them to be overtly sexy in another guise.  I suggest, as Relax was released in 1984, we go with an Orwellian theme and allow these ladies to be thought police with severe hairstyles and appropriate uniforms for this task.  Think on...if you dare...

Commandant Sue....yes I could go with that :)

OK this one has given me pause for thought. It's one of my fave songs for tough times and is called "Don't Give Up" by Peter Gabriel (the DVD concert version with Paula Cole rather than Kate Bush is priceless IMHO).  It would be one of those emotional balletic pieces and I'm setting it in a hospital ward with Pauline the patient and Patti and Rosie the visitors expressing their mixed sadness and hope through dance ( the two most expressive faces I think).  That leaves me the three nurses (Gill, Lulu and Sue) moving around the ward and ministering to Pauline's needs.  With those nurses I'd never get better personally but I see this as a emotional rollercoaster routine in the same vein as the "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" one.  Wait I have chest pain... Gill, Lulu, Sue help me...

This is definitely your forte P4pm.  Maybe we should get the girls back together, with you as creative director and me on promotions.  What job for Ryan I wonder :)

Sorry Suefan, L&C won't get back together.  I keep asking my Mum for it to happen.  I would pay to see them even now.  Would you?  Considering they are alot older now.
amy x

Re: Dances that should have happened

PattiforPM
My Visa limit is $10,000 but I could take out a loan!

Re: Dances that should have happened

 I will also pay to see this.

Re: Dances that should have happened

Kace
ams and i will put our limits up as well.
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx
1234 ... 7