Dates

 Hey up, can anyone help me fill in these last few totp L&Co dates im missing.
  18th Nov 1976.
  24th Feb 1977.
  16th Nov 1978.

 Also does anybody know the reason the 12th Jan 1978 totp was cancelled, i dont believe it was because of strike action, but i cant be sure. Can anyone help ?

Re: Dates

Suefan
18-11-76 Peter Frampton 'Do You Feel Like We Do'
24-2-77 Earth Wind & Fire 'Saturday Nite'

Re: Dates

Nice work Suefan, thanks mate.

Re: Dates

I think the Jan 12 1978 show was a strike event after all Ryan.  On Popscene forum one of their members claims to recall how odd/neat it was that they repeated a show from one year earlier to replace it

Re: Dates

JEZ
as i seem to recall they showed the same edition as the weeks before cos i remember watching legs dancing to lets have a quiet night in twice ,two wks in a row dont know why they would show a rpt from a year before when that edition had nothing to do with the charts of jan 78 and at that time thats what totp focused on the weekly pop  charts so it would make more sense to rpt the previous week ,but its a long time ago and my memory of this might be wrong

Re: Dates

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Dates

JEZ
hi for 31/5/79 legs danced to mcfadden and whithead aint no stoppin us now . 5/5/79 legs were on hol . 1/11/79 star by earth wind and fire

Re: Dates

Suefan
15-3-79 Chic 'I Want Your Love".

Re: Dates

Interesting stuff guys.  Andy 29th March Legs & Co danced to "Forever in Blue Jeans" by Neil Diamond (the blue dresses/Rosie in Bunny outfit segments of the "Some Girls" clips).  Sister Sledge were on video performing themselves (Poptastic was wrong on this one).  Jez I presume you mean the 5th July show (not 5th May).  I guess Legs were on hols for both 28th June and 5th July?  No idea about Oct 25th but I mean to find out.  The only clips I'm missing from "Some Girls" now are one in voluminous white dresses (1:10), the tantalizing writhing undergarments (1:14) and the shiny pants ((2:14).

Re: Dates

JEZ
sorryp4pm yes i meant july not may. have you identified the bunny clip one as neil diamond wouldrnt have thought mate the outfits went with the song  im still not sure about that or have you  seen the routine

Re: Dates

Nice work; that would be Sue in her schoolgirl outfit and Lulu with that teddy bear?

Re: Dates

PattiforPM
IT is a bit odd Jez but I do have the routine and will post it as I can tell SueFan is interested in the schoolgirl Sue (as indeed am I, although even as an elderly man I still fancy Patti the most!)

Re: Dates

JEZ
so it is forever in blue jeans thanks patti4pm for clearing that up great i love that song look forward to seeing that one

Re: Dates

jez-45
i think the 25/10/79 is more likely to be chic my forbidden lover if anything ,flick normally ended up with chic records

Re: Dates

Hi P4pm, good man.  Hoping to get my hands on a couple of the other 1979 routines that are on my wants list shortly.

By the way have you identified top left in the last fourway before they go into One Nation.....  THe one that has TR- Morning Dance, BR- Say When and BL- those Space Age capes?

Re: Dates

Suefan
I didn't see Legs first performance at the time and am grateful to YMG for having it here.  Recently I read that, in addition to the naming competition, each girl took a moment to introduce herself.  Can anyone with a long memory recall this?

Messing about on Popscene yesterday chanced upon a better version (in terms of video quality, I'm not commenting on the song) of Aneka's Japanese Boy with Legs providing background support.  Think I knew about this but previously only seen a very poor copy.   However, even on this much better tape I'm struggling to identify the girls.  Any offers?

Finally, I've been told that Sue found herself sitting on Racey's piano on 23-11-78.

Re: Dates

Dave
Yes Suefan, I do remember watching the show when the girls got to introduce themselves,,,,not sure on the exact date (maybe Jez can help as he seems good with the dates ) and again I maybe wrong but was it DLT that was hosting the show that week ? I do remember being blown away hearing the Benghazi Beauty speak (although it wasnt for the first time) and being mesmorised by that smile and those alluring eyes.......time stood still for me during that show !    Dave,

Re: Dates

Patti'sdaughter
Hi Suefan,  I have a really good copy of Japanese Boy.  I will send a copy to YMG if he doesn't already have it.
amy x

Re: Dates

JEZ
hi suefan the japenese girls are lulu in purple sue green, gill in red ,rosie orange and anita in blue think its blue but she is behind gill

Re: Dates

JEZ
dave and suefan on the 21/10/76 and the 28/ 10 /76 the first two performances before legs were named i had on video taped off uk gold but there was no legs talkin on them the dj just introduced the song and said heres the new totp dancers dancing to average white band and the same the following week only dancing to jaws unless uk gold cut out the bit where they introduced themselves i dont know