Dates

Re: Dates

JEZ
i know we shouldent guess the performances cos this is not very accurate but flick did seem to get the chic sister sledge etc numbers so i would think its more than likely chic

Re: Dates

PattiforPM
I'm starting to feel that Gill shimmy to a Nile Rodgers tune Jez...

Re: Dates

Hey p4pm dont forget to include Bernard Edwards when you mention Chic, as well as Mr Rodgers.

Re: Dates

JEZ
wonder if the shimmy routine was one of those routines where you got two costumes in one routine like the no more tears one

Re: Dates

JEZ
im gonna take a guess with my forbidden lover long old fashioned white dresses one and shimmy number to i want your love but where does that leave the blue shiny spray on trousers routine what is that to

Re: Dates

Dave
  The way that two costumes could be seen in one routine was if the routine was recorded using video overlay....the routine would be recorded in the first outfit but as with a jigsaw they would dance to some parts of the song and leave out other parts of the song......ie dance to the verses and leave out the chorus...then they change into outfit number 2 and film the routine again leaving the verses out and dancing to only the choruses, then Flick and the video editor would edit the two together  (video overlay) and the end result is a routine with 2 different costumes.....as Flick said when asked to explain it...No one can change their outfit that quickly !  It was a technique she used a lot   Chic ..I want your love was another one ,      Dave.

Re: Dates

JEZ
hiya dave how r u so do you think the i want your love routine was a two costume one

Re: Dates

Dave
Hi Jez, yes  that was definitely a 2 custumed number.....there were quite a few over the years and not always just for the costume effect but often for visual effects....if you look at PP dancing to You wont Find Another Fool there is a bit where the girls are dancing on the set floor and at the same time they are on the top of the screen swinging on their trapezes ! Clever eh ?  Supernature is another 2 costumed number filmed in  the same way and I will try to remember a few more...oh yes Lena Lovitch I say When.........and also Donna Summers Hot stuff and there are more !   Dave.

Re: Dates

Patti'sdaughter
Hi Suefan,  Sorry I forgot about my request's.  I can't remember what I asked for.  Lol.  amy x
amy x

Re: Dates

Dave
    Just remembered another one for visual effect rather than costume, Chanson D amour.....Theme track from jaws and the hysterical Mcarthurs Park....if you look carefully you can see Rosie and the other branches laughing....think they were laughing at the fact that Flick had really gone for being literal and had lost the plot that week.....trees in the park and birthday cakes and all ....oh please !!!!   Dave.

Re: Dates

OK I have the answer to my own biggest question.  As Jez guessed the 15/03/79 L&C routine was "I Want Your Love" by Chic and it was a two costume routine (as Dave said too) with puffy white dresses turning into... wait for it..... seductively writhing undergarments!  I have the routine now and will post later.  Also the 25/10/79 L&C routine was indeed "My Forbidden Lover" also by Chic (also recalled by "Nellie the Elephant" - no offense intended Jez) and is the shiny pant routine of 2:14 in "Some Girls" top left pane.  Thus all mystery about "Some Girls" is ended but many other mysteries await our attention naturally

Re: Dates

Suefan
Great stuff P4pm.  I trust everyone was in need of a little amore....nobody playing hooky I hope?

Re: Dates

PattiforPM
Everyone present and correct SueFan.  Anyone special you were hoping to see??