'Doctor Who' meets Legs & Co

Old Grey Whistler
The Doctor, in the guise of Paul McGann, travels back to 1979 where he visits Television Centre.  He meets the cast of The Onedin Line, Grange Hill and Fawlty Towers, and also Basil Brush.  Meanwhile, in the Blue Peter garden, Legs & Co are dancing to Bright Eyes.  However all is not what it seems! The BBC has been infiltrated by aliens, and their evil leader Beep The Meep (pictured below) has brainwashed BBC stars as part of his evil plot for world domination. Will The Doctor save the day?...

This is a comic strip from Doctor Who Magazine No.283 which was released in October 1999. I discovered it online a while ago and then forgot about it until the subject of Dr. Who came up at the weekend. As far as I know this is the only drawing in the story which features Legs & Co.  It looks a bit like Patti , Lulu, Sue and Gill, although they have probably been possessed, as the real Legs & Co would have much better synchronisation. I have tried to enhance the picture as best I can and I hope that you are able to see it okay.  I wonder if our resident Whovian, Sueforever has this magazine in his collection? By the way, I have long suspected that the BBC is run by aliens!

Re: 'Doctor Who' meets Legs & Co

CoffeeThing
Nice spot! Thanks for sharing it OGW.

Re: 'Doctor Who' meets Legs & Co

GiLuRo
That's a great find OGW. After you mentioned it at the weekend i tried to find it online but with no success, just shows you need to know what to look for. I wonder how many other gems like this could be out there that are waiting to be discovered?

Re: 'Doctor Who' meets Legs & Co

I was part of that conversation on Saturday! Thanks for posting this, OGW.

But Legs never danced to Bright Eyes we protested, until reminded this was a parallel universe. I wonder what other records they danced to in that alternate reality. Wuthering Heights, Atomic, Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? Some potential classics there I think

Re: 'Doctor Who' meets Legs & Co

Good work OGW;  I particularly like the image of Sue throttling some guy while joyfully singing Bright Eyes

Re: 'Doctor Who' meets Legs & Co

A great find OGW of that Doctor Who strip, I got that somewhere. I see it was the Twentieth Anniversary copy.

Re: 'Doctor Who' meets Legs & Co

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Fascinating find, OGW.

I had a look around online, and found this higher-quality scan.

I would guess that artist had a reference photo of (at least) Patti, Lulu, Sue and Gill to work from.
You've all done vey well!

Re: 'Doctor Who' meets Legs & Co

Gorgeous Daze
Wow  - that's what I call an improvement!

Pity the artist gave them highly generalized faces with a hint of comedy menace. But fishnets...now there's an underused idea.

Re: 'Doctor Who' meets Legs & Co

PattiForPM
Yes now I recognize Michael Hurll as the guy being throttled

Re: 'Doctor Who' meets Legs & Co

Everything'sRosie
I'm seeing Patti, Lulu, Sue and Gill.

Sadly parallel Pauline and parallel Rosie on parallel holiday in parallel Benidorm.

Re: 'Doctor Who' meets Legs & Co

Thanks for the enhanced picture, YMG. Good to see it in this quality.

Re: 'Doctor Who' meets Legs & Co

Legsfan
Thanks OGW & YMG.
Devoted to Pan's People & Legs & Co.