EASY (DOTD)

**(DOTD selections/comments only, thanks)**
EASY   The Commodores
14/07/77  Dancers Gill,Lulu,Patti,Pauline,Rosie,Sue.
A link to the dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_CmApTajs0
A quite forgettable routine this and choosing a DOTD is also rather mundane task on this one. Just because Lulu performs her own solo in this dosen't mean to say i should choose her. But quite frankly there isn't a lot happening. Nice shot of Patti early doors, Rosie's had her hair crimped and that's about it. So i guess i will have to select Lovely `Lulu`.

Re: EASY (DOTD)

PattiForPM
Yes I agree this is a rather muted performance although I love the look of the Troupe here.  Lulu's solo is not compelling IMO due mostly to it's shadowy overlaid nature so I'm giving this DotD to the lady who's beauty shines through the early stages and that's the divine Patti.

Re: EASY (DOTD)

Colm
The Kid is right when he says they make it look "oh so easy" - but a shame the dodgy lighting strike of '77 curses again.

DotD: Patti - who for me seems to be getting most into the rhythm

Re: EASY (DOTD)

PaulF
Very difficult one to appraise due to the reasons given from previous comments. I shall vote for DOTD Pauline as I think she moves well and looks good but sometimes gets undeservedly overlooked by me.
Paul

Re: EASY (DOTD)

VintageVideos
Patti is the easy choice here

Re: EASY (DOTD)

Patti

At the start of the routine, she looks to be copying her dance moves from an instruction manual, the way that she glances downwards, & then turns around & carries out those moves across the dance floor, that for me makes for some great comedic values.

Re: EASY (DOTD)

PattiForPM
Hammond Special Force goes to orange alert once again
Stu

Re: EASY (DOTD)

Stu
Pauline justs pips Patti here for me.

DOTD - Pauline

Stuey

Re: EASY (DOTD)

bucksby
was there some sort of energy crisis in the TOTP studios in 1977? What else can explain the low lighting? Anyway a fair routine after all that and for me Sue sticks out a bit better than the others although there isn't a huge difference between them.

Re: EASY (DOTD)

Andeebee
Patti

Yes Justin most of the 77 routines are really dingy and dark, but glad that changed for 78

Re: EASY (DOTD)

Old Bill
Patti started off strongly, and Sue was contender throughout. Rosie's hair gave her an edge.

But Lulu's shadowy solo spot wins out in the end. It's not much but with such a level playing field that's all it took.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: EASY (DOTD)

Who's That Hurll
Patti.

Re: EASY (DOTD)

Doc
Nothing between them here, so I'll pick Sue, probably because she was at the front.

Re: EASY (DOTD)

Adorable Gillusion
DOTD...Patti

Re: EASY (DOTD)

Old Grey Whistler
In the tightest of contests, I will give DOTD to Pauline.

Re: EASY (DOTD)

Angie
DOTD: Lulu

Re: EASY (DOTD)

Lookmacinanger
Lulu, I wanna be high so high

Re: EASY (DOTD)

Mikey
Lulu

Re: EASY (DOTD)

My vote went for Patti.

Re: EASY (DOTD)

Gorgeous Daze
Patti with her sensitivity soon has it wrapped up.
Steve