Quantcast

EASY -- [July]

EASY Dance number 48 by Legs & Co.
Performed by The Commodores and reaching number 9 in the UK charts.
Original broadcast date  14/07/77 Duration of dance 2.50 mins
Dancers -- Gill,Lulu,Patti,Pauline,Rosie,Sue

Pauline 46                       Lulu 45
Rosie 46                          Gill 44
Sue 46                            Patti 41
Something to lookout for--Was this the first instance of Rosie having crimped hair ?
A link to the dance  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24ydca_legs-co-easy-totp-tx-14-07-1977_creation

 A gentle rhythmic dance, infact one could call it `easy ` to some degree and performed quite effortlessly by the girls. I much prefer to see the audience at this level with the dancers performing on a staged platform. One down side to this is i wished the director would have given us a clear shot of lovely Lulu in her solo spot during the routine, to me the ghosting of Lulu over the other dancers was a missed opportunity to see her in strait faced mode, so used to her smiling in routines. Got to admit i don't care much for the song, but that wont affect my scoring here. Its a 7.5 out of 10 from me.

Re: EASY -- 1977

The ladies look quite radiant in this performance and I do like the song too, which always reminds me of that Halifax Ad with the yuppie amazingly using plastic to get access to his money on a Sunday to feed his pet cat.  Getting back on track, I like the dance and costumes too but I agree some of the superimposition used is a bit disconcerting and takes away from the viewing of these great dancers, especially during the Lulu piece.  On the other hand Patti's close ups are to die for and i nearly do each time I watch them.  8/10

Re: EASY -- 1977

Paperboyplod
Another simple dance routine, the costumes are quite summery-looking, leaving heaps of bare flesh exposed, the girls are gently swaying to the Easy soundtrack, this routine is by no means perfect, theres the studio audience getting in the way yet again, the lighting is rather dim, not bright as if to replicate sunlight, & I don't particullarly like the cross-fading camera shots, trying to display two different camera shots at the same time, it totally spoiled the close up view of Lulu, with a far-shot of all six dancers going through her!

Re: EASY -- 1977

Andeebee
pleasant swaying track, slightly mired by a bout of headbanging at the end

Re: EASY -- 1977

Adorable Gillusion
Quite a pleasant routine in which to focus on the beauty of the girls rather than the dance itself. 5.5/10 for me.

Re: EASY -- 1977

Floid Fan
Legs and Co do admirably with the song material they have been given (I know many people will disagree with me about this song) - a boring snooze inducing Commodores number. Inevitably, the dance is therefore not going to excite me. 6 out of 10.
Carl

Re: EASY -- 1977

Old Bill
Blimey I'm not doing much work today! and so what?

A song I thought it would be impossible to dance to, but I am proved wrong! The girls do a lovely dance, and look lovely too. The dimly lit studio works well for me I think and the sunbeams on the floor remind you that we're talking about the morning.

I thought I would apoplectic with rage the way they treated Lulu's solo bit. At least make hers the brighter of the two images. But having watched it a couple of times I don't think I would've liked to have seen her straight-faced, I would have worried that something was wrong. Lulu Lulu!! What's up petal? Are you ok?? :-( Of course it's not a smiley song, but that's not the point. I think Rosie manages a little half smile at some point - maybe she's just so pleased with her new barnet she can't help it.

A 5.5 / 10.

(The YouTube link doesn't seem to work on this one - unless I'm having some dashed back luck with the streaming vids today...)
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: EASY -- 1977

Hi Old Bill. Sorry to hear you struggling with the links ive put on my `routine intro` posts on this thread. Infact you have reminded me to update the ones that need replacing. This i always do on the clickable link section but i have neglected to do so on this thread. I will get onto that tonight. Oh and thanks for all the comments, ive included your ratings on the main scoreboard, if one can call it a scoreboard !

Re: EASY -- 1977

Old Bill
No probs Ryan - but as I go through the older dances here in the "scores on doors" section do you want me to tell you if links are out of date? Or shall I just go to the clickable links section? No probs for me either way. So much fun playing catch up! :-)
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: EASY -- 1977

The links should all be okay now in this `the comments` section. I will keep on top of that situation, thanks all the same OB. I better now start thinking about `I Believe You` by Dorothy Moore. Should have that one up on here soon.
RYAN
Stu

Re: EASY -- 1977

Stu
Judging by the other comments I think I enjoyed this more than most. I thought it was a nice gentle routine whilst being sexy and sultry. Also I think I'm won over in the first 30 seconds by Patti who just looks so cute, it's hard not to like it after that kind of opening.

8.5/10

Stuey

Re: EASY -- 1977

Andeebee
6.5 for me, destroyed by head banging

Re: EASY -- 1977

VintageVideos
Once I liked this song.. but then it got played to death (also due to the cover by what-was-their-name?). Why did Lionel Richie only record ballads after this one? That would be reason enough to hate this song!
The routine is nothing special either. Their dresses look unfortunate and the camera work is awkward. 5/10

Re: EASY -- 1977

Doc
A fairly middle of the road dance and who bought Rosemary the hair frizzer! An 8.

Re: EASY -- 1977

Who's That Hurll
Easy is a gentle and warm routine that wouldn't have looked out of place in the Pans era.
The soft ligting is reminiscent of inserts from American music shows, however too many unnecessary overlaying images drop it down to 6.5/10 and DOTD Patti.
WTH

Re: EASY -- 1977

Suefan
Well this one seems to have completely slipped under my radar and in truth for me it never quite takes off.  Not one that grabs a lot of my attention but nicely done so I'll give it a 7.

Re: EASY -- 1977

Old Grey Whistler
A nice gentle routine as befitting the nature of the song, but the superimposing of images makes it a difficult one to watch in detail. It is not one that lingers long in my memory but it's okay, and gets  7 out of 10 from me.

Re: EASY -- 1977

Colm
Not only has Rosie started the crimping craze three years early; but also, the same stage, and a similar backdrop, to the one for the "Feel the Need in Me" routine is used for "Easy".

I also think it would have been nice to have Lulu's solo part without the layered shot...

Score: 8

Re: EASY -- 1977

Angie
Lovely routine to match the 'Easy' going tune.........like it.

Re: EASY -- 1977

Lookmacinanger
This is one of those tracks that I would suggest isn’t easy to structure a routine around. Nice literal moves towards the end when everyone wants to be high so high. 7/10