'Edit post' function

Floid Fan
Just a quickie,
what has happened to the 'edit post' function when you click on 'more' ? It seems to have disappeared. Some of us rely on that function!
Carl

Re: 'Edit post' function

Nabble is having a bad time at the minute, it usually corrects its self. Its doing it on mine too. You gotta be patient with it. I find the worst time to use this forum is between 4 and 5 in the afternoons, so difficult to post anything it takes so long for some unknown reason.

  Hey Carl the edit feature is back now, told you to be patient !!!!

Re: 'Edit post' function

Floid Fan
Has anyone been able to edit their posts in the last day or two? My edit function has disappeared for the last few days now. till not working today.
Carl

Re: 'Edit post' function

Carl its ok on mine mate. I know it sounds dumb but you are clicking on your own posts arnt you.

Re: 'Edit post' function

Floid Fan
Yes, Ryan,
I'm clicking on my own posts- the only options I get are 'reply to the author', 'print post' and 'permalink', whereas I used to get the 'edit post' option too.
Strange.
Carl

Re: 'Edit post' function

PattiforPM
This has happened to me sometimes too Carl but only very temporarily and I can't simulate it now.  Does YMG have any clues cos I tried getting into the Nabble FAQ/forum area and it was a bit too cumbersome for a lazy git like me

Re: 'Edit post' function

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
The disappearing "Edit" function seems to be the first symptom of Nabble's server being overloaded. It's annoying I know, but it's actually a sign of sensible design strategy: if the server is straining under a heavy load of traffic, it's better that it gives a reduced service to all requests than just giving up entirely. We do get server error messages sometimes, but if they didn't drop the edit function occasionally, we would get error messages more often.

Remember, Nabble is providing this service absolutely free, with only minimal, unobtrusive advertising.

YMG
You've all done vey well!