Even more problems with Videobam

 It looks like the `Videobam` curse as struck again, none of there vids play on the blog for me. Last time this lasted for a week. Anybody else experiencing problems ?

Re: More problems with Videobam

mojo2007
thanks, I had assumed that I was be being stupid,  they are worthy additions to the archives but not accessable

Re: More problems with Videobam

80schick
Thought it was me, Young mister grace videobam doesn't seem to be working.

Re: More problems with Videobam

I'm not experiencing any problems with Videobam playback myself, but I linked to one of the videos on here hosted on Videobam on my Facebook page, and one or two of my friends have commented on being unable to play the link, which is a real shame.

Re: More problems with Videobam

PattiforPM
It's weird they play fine for me but it seems VideoBam is very temperamental for many others

Re: More problems with Videobam

The worrying thing about Videobam vids not working is when new visitors come to the blog and just get error messages when they click on them. Its a bit, dare i use the word `embarrassing`, all i can say is be patient as it took 6 days to fix last time.

Re: More problems with Videobam

I would guess those of us who had problems with VB before are the same as those having problems again today.  None show up for me.

Re: More problems with Videobam

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Videobam clips are back to normal now. It's very frustrating when faults like this occur, but since it's a free service, I don't really have any redress. I've tried other video hosts, but they all have their drawbacks. Youtube has to delete audio when the Copyright Vampires tell them to: Vimeo deletes posts completely: photobucket and divshare have quality problems: yfrog was great until they "improved" their service and broke their embedded code.

Videobam playback quality is pretty good, and they havea download facility (when it works). They do seem to be making an effort to improve their service, and respond well to users feedback. I'm sticking with them for now.

If anyone can recommend an alternative, please let me know.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: More problems with Videobam

Suefan
Morning YMG.  Have to say that I still cannot get the VideoBam files to appear when I open the blog page.  Wonder if Ryan will have any more success than me later today.

Re: More problems with Videobam

Hi YMG, i know you cant do anything about this problem, but Videobam is still not letting me play any vids on the blog. It obviously only effects a certain few people. The phrase `A pile of cack` springs to mind. I do agree with you its very good when it works. I cannot explain why people like myself and Suefan are cursed with this affliction and others seem to not be affected. It would be a shame if our newbies also cant play these vids, can i just assure them this last time there was a problem like this, it took about a week to sort it self out. No i cant offer an alternative.
     Bye for now a rather grumpy RYAN.

Re: More problems with Videobam

Dave
Hi YMG, I am experiencing the same problems as Suefan and Ryan....I suppose that I shall just have to be patient,    Dave.

Re: More problems with Videobam

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Hi Folks: sorry to hear about your continuing troubles. Can you all reply and tell me which browser and operating system you're using? I'll bring the problems up on their support forums, and I'm sure they'll want to know such details.

Cheers

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: More problems with Videobam

Hi YMG im using windows 7 home premium and firefox 3, not 4.

Re: More problems with Videobam

lulupatti&sue
Im the same as Ryan. I can't watch or download the videobam either.

Re: More problems with Videobam

VIDEOBAM IS WORKING THIS MORNING

Re: More problems with Videobam

Dave
Alas...still not working for me ! Typical !     Dave

Re: More problems with Videobam

I'm on Windows XP and Firefox 3  (I'm old )

Re: More problems with Videobam

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Found myself with an hour to kill in a cafe with superfast free wifi this afternoon, so I've added rapidshare download links to most of my recent clips.

From feedback so far, I conclude that:

1. Everyone who's having a porblem is using Firefox 3 on Windows.

2. Some people can't watch videobam clips at all, while some can see them sometimes.

I'll post to videobam's support forums with this ans see if I get any response.

Cheers

YMG
You've all done vey well!

My apologies YMG but being on my travels I managed to miss your request for info on op systems etc.  I've had problems with VB, although they are working fine for me at the moment, and at home we use Safari and OS10 something.

Re: More problems with Videobam

Dave
Im still having problems with videobam....is anyone else ? I give up on it !    Dave
12